Boys or girls???

Home Community Small Pets Boys or girls???

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  linzi 16 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

linzi

I want some gerbils but id like ur advice can you tell me what the 2 different gender act like???
    and if you could can u give me name suggestions thanks
    linzi

Sarah

I have a male Gerbil, Peanut, and the day i got him my friend was with me. Shes had hamsters and gerbils before, but Gerbils are her favorite. She also said that the Males are nicer then the females, but if you get a male and female, they will breed like crazy, so keep them separated! ; ) Peanut is very active and he doesnt bite. I think the males would be better. If you get a gerbil, make sure the cage isnt plastic or he will chew his way out, and make sure to give them wood or paper tubes, or their teeth will get long and sharp, and then they are more likely to bite you. For the names it really depends on their attitude, color, and Gender. Hope I helped! 😀 -HorseGal

P.S. If you want a pet you can hold, get a hamster! If you want to try to hold a gerbil, get him when he is a baby to earn his trust! (i cant hold mine)

Rebecca

I would say definitiley male, you get good and bad of each sex, but as a whole males are friendlier.

linzi

Thanks for all the replys do u think i should breed them or not???? or should i just get boys???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.