HELP! what should i put in my rabbit cage……???

Home Community Rabbits HELP! what should i put in my rabbit cage……???

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Dana 17 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ilovepandas

::) ???What should i put in my rabbit cage when i get my rabbit like what is the best bedding and toys and food and other things like that? ::) what would be your opinion? ::)

ilovepandas

;D thx

::) Thx

;D 😀 ;D Since you will have the rabbit inthe spring and summer put wood chips in its shelter. Medium siezed tubes are great for the rabbit to crawl through. Large powder juice containers are good for the rabbit to go in and hide. Coconut halfs you cand buy at whole sale club for 80 cents are good to put treats in so the rabbit can chew on the coconut and try to get the treat . large jars are good for the rabbit to hide in too. ramps are awsome for rabbits to explore on and go under. I g2g have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D 😀 ;D

ptree

I put lots of newpaper in my dwarf rabbit’s cage. He loves ripping the paper because it makes an interesting noise. Rabbits seem to love playing with things that make a noise, as long as it is not a particularly frightening kind of noise. Also, some toys made for cats (without the catnip) can be fun for bunnies.

Katie

HEY KENNILYNNE or however you spell it, I USE PINE BEDDING WHICH IS SIMILAR TO WOOD CHIPS AND MY RABBITS ARE JUST FINE! SO PAPER ISN’T THE ONLY BEDDING! as for anything else in the cage, I use fruit and veggie flavored chew sticks, i also have boxes with pine bedding and hay in them for them to burrow into…that also helps get them off the wire floor. Toilet Paper Tubes are also something my mother uses and she’s raised rabbits since she was like 15 and they’ve never hurt them.

Dana

My personal fav rabbit toys are wooden blocks that are made for rabbits to chew, plastic keys, toilet paper rolls, and empty plastic bottles. When it is really hot outside i freeze water bottles and put them in the cage to cool off my bunnies. They like to roll them around and will lay on them! The best wood shavings to use are aspen. More expensive, but no oils that could harm a rabbit. Hay is just fine, and is very important to feed. They play with it. They eat it, relieving stress, boredom, and keeping their digestive tract healthy. Play!

nikki

I would say put a shadey area in the cage since its summer. They need to cool down.

Dana

Of course i keep my rabbits in the shade! They are in a barn that is in a shady forest. The barn has excellent ventilation and it is always several degrees cooler in the barn than outside. I take excellent care to ensure my rabbits are not exposed to extreme weather. I would AC the barn if it was practical or economical.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.