In loving memory

Home Community Pet Loss Support In loving memory

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Danny 16 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Danny
    Participant

In Loving Memory Of JC (Junior Chief), 6-11-97 to 6-11-07. There is no words to desribe my sadness.
    JC died at home in his bed on his birthday by anesthesia surrounded by all he loved and fought to stay alive for. Cancer couldnt kill him, my love for him however could not continue to allow his battle for life to continue his pain and suffering. JC lived to be 10 years old.
    He is a remarkable dog when I think about his story and the fun he still had in life. JC has been battling and beating cancer much of his life and as you can see in his pictures by how good he looks (looked) he faired well despite being given weeks to live on two occasions and not much more then a few months on his last ordeal. He lived a year.
    He started out at 105 lbs. By Feb of 2007
    he was down to 82 lbs yet still full of life.
    He was a huge inspiration should I ever become so ill someday. He loved life and lived life to the fullest.
    Thank you God for allowing me to be his owner.
    JC along with my two other dogs on the rock (attached pictures) is the one in the middle, and then the one on top of the rock by himself with other two laying in front of the rock.
    JC I will see you again. Where there is no more cancer, no more fleas or need for doggie wheelchairs nor painful operations. Where there is an endless supply of bones and love forever. Until then you are in our hearts. Love Dad, Rocky, Brandy and Mickey Moose.

Click on any picture to see full size:

Susan

Just wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your precious JC…..I know how heartbreaking it is to lose one of our furbabies and its never easy….I know you did all you could until the very end….just know he’s not in pain anymore and is at peace…My Siberian Husky Panda is in the same situation….she had cancer surgery in November of last year but the vet didnt’ know if he got it all or not since it was all inside her leg….but the knot has came back on it again….So keep your memories of your sweet JC and know he’s in a better place now….here is a copy of the Rainbow Bridge I hope it can be of some comfort….Suebee

marta

So sorry for your loss,I know how hard it is I lost my precious baby boy in March he was battling cushings disease& lost. I hope all of our furbabies are in a better place just waiting to greet us.

Danny
    Participant

Suebee54 and pacots, thank you for your messages. I find strength in knowing he is waiting for me in a better place pain-free.
    Suebee54 my prayers are with Panda, be sure to pet him/her more then usual, take some extra pictures then you normally would. My prayers are with you and Panda.
    Pacots I am sorry you lost your pet to cushings. We know when we get our pets we will sooner or later have to give them back to God. Knowing however we will be reunited so day is a nice reassuring feeling. I just wish they could have few more years then they get and we get with them.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your pets, thank you for your kind words.
    Rottie

Susan

Thank you Rottie,
    Panda has been an outside dog for a long time but for the past year I’ve been letting her come inside…she usually just comes in and lays down in the kitchen of livingroom with me at the computer. She’s the last of my Siberians, I had her grandfather (soneone stole him), her mother (escaped out of the yard and got hit with a car) and her brother (he died in 2005 from seizure related illness) so she’s the last one I have….Take Care and keep precious memories of your sweet JC……Suebee
    Below is a picture of Panda

Danny
    Participant

suebee54
    Pat them on the head twice extra, each and everyday. Ten years came and went way to fast!!!

linda

so very sorry for your sad loss,i know how it feels i lost my darling boy eight months ago not a day goes by without thinking about him he was the love of my life.i know you wont believe this now but another dog helps.we have just adopted a five year old springer who has never had the love my cocoa had all his life.it helps to know we can make a differance to this dog and i know my baby would approve .i know its a bit early but do in the future think of a resue dog.my heart goes out to you in this sad time.

Danny
    Participant

candycream3
    thank you for your kind word. It has been two weeks today and I really miss JC. The picture below is of JC standing in the water with his back to the camara while my other dogs are returning from retrieving the tennis ball in Big Bear lake Ca.
    That day was 6-24-06 (one year ago). As for having other dogs, I do and this last weekend and one year later I loaded them up and we went back to that lake. JC liked to retrieve rocks (big rocks the size of his head rocks) from about two to three feet deep. He would find/feel them with his feet then go under water and pick them up.
    So we went back, found a rock and commerated JC by taking a big rock and throwing in about two feet of water. I Know it sounds a little off-kilter unless your an animal lover and have lost a dog or other pet. But this is what I and my other dogs did to remember him this last weekend. In fact I even found a motel with not much trouble that took Brandy (two year old rottie) Rocky (13 year old lab) and Mickey (4 month old rat terrier) and of coarse me (age ?).
    So it was tough but it felt like the right thing to do.
    I am sorry about your loss, you are right, it is difficult.
    Sorry for all the pictures, I just like to show them.
    take care

Danny
    Participant

Forgot to mention it was at this lake and later in the day that JC jumped off the boat dock (something he had done routinely before) to retrieve a ball and came out of the water limping. It was for us the start of a year long battle of osteo sarcoma, His leg had fractured due to the cancer.
    Im not sure what happened to picture in prior post. But will try again in this post. Its a shot of him mostly under water, a common occurence for him around water.

linda

hello. the pictures of your babies are beauitful they look so happy and loved.it brought a tear to my eyes knowing how awful you are feeling at losing your darling boy.only doggy people know how much a part of our lives they become and we mourn them when we lose them.even now i step over where cocoa laid on his favovite spot on the top of our stairs.i sometimes think i hear him barking i like to think of him just being in another room and not gone at all.he was the best dog and he will remain in our hearts always.our new baby is a joy she had a real bad time in her past and is just learning to trust us.we where so unsure at first if we should get another dog as no other could replace our boy but she is like a breath of fresh air .she needs us and we need her.thinking of you take care from candycream.

charlie

real sorry to here the loss of you dog its hard but their will remember you when their up high in the sky and you will always b in their heart! xxxx

Danny
    Participant

JC on Sept 11th it will have been 3 whole months since my tough decision. Still cant believe your not here bud. We miss you. Love Dad, Rocky, Brandy, and Mickey Moose.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.