fussy cat

Home Community People & Their Pets fussy cat

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Barbara 16 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Barbara

Our 10 year old cat eats only dry cat food. We have tried many different brands of wet food but very seldom does he eat more than a teaspoon of it then he goes for days of not eating any of it so we end up throwing it out. Is it o.k.if all he eats is dry food or should we be worried about this?

Catherine

Cats are funny creatures my cat Dusty would eat his dry food but he was a junk food addict he loved popcorn chips anything like that but would turn his nose up at tuna fish shrimp or wet food and that was funny to see b/c that boy loved to eat . some cats are just not into wet food i have 4 cats and they only eat dry 3 out of the 4 want the wet food but i only use the wet food if i need to like if they are sick and won’t eat dry i use it to intice them to eat

Ben

Hello. Cats are, indeed, unusual creatures. As far as I have seen, some cats are very picky about what they eat. While Bear, our current cat, has been on moist food sometimes and dry food at others, most of it he’ll eat only when he’s hungry enough. But, no matter what we do, he always goes directly for the Meow Mix. Our cats before him, Joseph and Emma, preferred wet food over dry, but would go directly for 9 lives most of the time. When they were there, the little kittens I used to care fore behind where I work took whatever was offered, but went directly for Friskies. I know I can say a lot by this. If all your cat eats is dry food, it’s okay. You don’t have to throw out the dry food, since it doesn’t spoil at all. If you’d like him to eat moist food only, then pick up the dry food for a few hours, then put the moist food down. Don’t expect him to go for the moist food right away, since change is something cats don’t really get accustomed to very fast. But, yes, it’s just fine if all he eats is dry food. There’s nothing wrong with him unless he starts throwing it up or doesn’t eat all that much at once or over a day’s time.

Barbara

Thanks for the replys. I was just worried that a diet of just dry food would be unhealthy for him. I guess they are all different. Years ago I had a cat that loved vegetables but would not eat meat.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.