Jack Russell lovers

Home Community Dog Breeding & Breeds Jack Russell lovers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Veronica 17 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Trisha

We are getting a female Jack Russell this week. Any advice?? I am also trying to think of a unique name for her. Suggestions please!!

Veronica

If she is not fixed I suggest you do that as soon as you can. Jack Russells are very active and very out going. Mine is very protective of her dad. I married into the family and it truly has been hard as they latch on to one person. Make sure you let them do what they do best: hunt and play outside. Good luck with your JR. As for names wait until you get her and she how she acts. ours had a puppy and we ended up naming it dexter as it loved the dex phone book. He would sleep on it.

Trisha

She will definately be getting spayed. All of my animals are and since I have no interest in breeding , having her fixed is the right thing for us. She is actually a gift for my hubby. We farm so she will get to hunt and run and ride in tractors and combines and trucks,etc. I think she will like her life with us. We have two older children that will also make sure she gets plenty of exercise and attention. She will be able to go fishing with us and riding in the woods. She is a lucky girl. My husband doesn’t want a girlie…froo,froo name. He wants something different but not frilly. So far he likes Copper, Cider, Shandy but can’t think of many more.

Veronica

Cinder is a cute name, its funny you mention your husband buying it for you and then naming it. I am getting a plot hound and mine decided he needed to name it too. I will tell you I see you have a cat on the picture, your JR will also do wonders for the mice population sice you live in the country. Our just goes nuts with rabbits. She will spend all day running back and fourth in the pipe yard looking for rabbits. One other advice I have is talk to your vet about Optima 365 Shedding formula. JR’s can shed alot and since we put Miss M on it I LOVE IT!! My couches and car seats are almost hair free.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.