outdoor cat shelters

Home Community People & Their Pets outdoor cat shelters

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sue 17 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Barbara

Our cat loves to spend time outside but he hates being in a harness. Does anyone here have an outdoor cat shelter ? If so what type do you have and does your cat like it? I have also heard of window boxes for cats. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Sue

I had one built outside my cellar window. It was 4 x 8, had a shelf the whole length for them to sit on & a door just incase I needed to get in there for something. I kept plastic over the window that they could manuver around. They oved it. Went out there year round. I used a stone base, wood & welded wire. Yes, the do make them that fit into your window that you can still close the window. Great idea

Barbara

Thanks for your reply.Outside the bacement window sounds like a great idea. I will definitly be looking into that. When you put her into the encloure did you put her in through the bacement window or did you take her outside and put her in through the enclosure’s door?

Sue

they went in & out when ever they wanted to through the basement window. That was the purpose of the plastic over the window that they could go around. I had it heavily gathered so there was a lot of extra (full) material there. That way it helped keep the cold air out. You could use a regular cat door like you would use for them to go outside. ( like a doggie door )

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.