Pets insurance or not?

Home Community People & Their Pets Pets insurance or not?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Danny 17 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Randi

Hello, my name is Randi. I have been a member on here for a few weeks and I really like it so far. I work as a Veterinary Technican and one of the questions I see more and more now and days seems to be, "should I get pet insurance?" So if any of you have the extra time I would be very interested to hear your inputs on the subject. Thank you.

garima

Sorry but what’s pet insurance. There’s a topic on here abou including your bird/pet in your will.. But what is pet insurance.

Christie

Pet insurance is medical in surance for your pet. I was very gratefull for the insurance I had for Loki. I only had the basic insurance plan and it covered $1000.00 of his $3000.00 medical bills. I had petcare Pet insurance. The only downside is that you pay for it first and in about 2 weeks you get a check. Depends what the claim is for, just like people. Make sure you read any proposed policy, a lot of them do NOT cover dental, but most do cover euthanazia and cremation. It IS a very good idea, especially if you have a limited income and most vets will hold your check until the insurance check arrives.

Lucy

I’ve had my Golden Retriever insured with VIP Pet since he was about three years old (he’s now 9). Although a lot of things are not covered, even with the premium package, there have been a few times when I’ve had some astronomical bills which were considerably reduced by the insurance. It’s expensive – about $42/mo. – but worth the investment, especially for older animals.

The ASPCA has just introduced pet insurance for both dogs and cats which can be used when you go to any licensed veterinarian in the United States or Canada. There are five plans, which range from the low cost Safety Plan, treatment for accidents, to the Sterling Plan, which covers a wide variety of conditions, medications and procedures. It also includes coverage for chronic and long-term conditions. To get additional information and a free quote, call 1-866-861-9092, or use the link below.

linsay

just a note for people in uk when you find a vet ask them what pet insurance they take as a lot of pet insurance will not pay right away when your pet needs it and some vets will not do what is needed untill they know they are covered with money that was the advice my vet gave me so i just passing it on thanks

Tabitha

If I were you I wouldn’t.But since you are a little more into pets than I think you should.But it is expensive.

garima

It also depend on the owner themself. And the pet. I don’t think I would get pet insurance on something like a hamster. But a dog would be a good ide. I stilll don’t think I would get insurance on my budgies. I probably all together have spent around$700 on health care so far.. but I had six and it’s been more than 3 years.

Danny
    Participant

Stick that money in a high interest account each month such as EmigrantDirect.com. Why let someone else grow your money then only offer you a couple thousand in coverage when your dog becomes ill?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.