These poor kitty’s =[

Home Community People & Their Pets These poor kitty’s =[

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobbi Jo 17 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Bobbi Jo

So yesterday i ran out of hay for my horses and my regular guy wasn’t available so we found someone who was open on Sunday’s. Well this guy has a house out front and then two big sheds in the back. When we pulled in i noticed a bunch of cats….now me growing up on a farm and always going to other barns looking for horses i would wonder off to play with barn cats and dogs. So i still cannot control myself and went wondering around to the sheds right behind the house. I saw about 40 cats/kittens. I noticed something wrong with a handful of them. Their little eyes were squeezed shut and had crusty and would NOT open. Most of them ran away (i didn’t get to close) but there were a few who just lay there looking so pathetic, like they would take their chances with me because they were too tired and sick to get up and run away. This is just horrible and i don’t know what to do. They don’t deserve to live like this and plus they are breeding and making other cats sick. Should i call the animal cops/animal control center? Most of them if not all will probably be put to sleep. But if you saw them i mean they can’t even open their eyes or run away from a predator. Which would be better them suffering or them not having to feel pain anymore and not effecting more and more and more cats?! Please what should i do???

Robbin

It’s a given that animals may be put down if they are too sick, but the person who is allowing the cats to live under such circumstances should be reported. The ASPCA is a good place to start the reseach on where to report:

Sue

schooner, the ASPCA is in NYC only. She definately needs to call what ever is local & handles cruelty investigations. Call AC first & if its not them they will tell you who to call. Often the Humane Society or the SPCA handles the cruelty & AC handles dog law & picking up strays. What you are seeing is severe upper respitory infection & yes they will die from it. Putting them down will stop the suffering

Robbin

The SPCA is in NYC, but the website gives guidelines on where to report… look at the link, sueb.

Bobbi Jo

Thanks you guys i will definitley start doing that and take some action. Thank you Suebgone for telling me what it is that’s wrong with them, i meant to ask. I feel so bad ='[ There was this one little kitten and it all ready had severe upper respitory infection and it was so sad because he/she was running around throwing things with it’s little feet and it couldn’t even see what it was. People are such scumbags!! grrr. Oh and also whoever it is that comes how will they be able to get all the cats? Will they come back again? Thank you.

Sue

they will live trap the ones they can’t catch by hand. It does become difficult tho because when cats can’t breath, they can’t smell so trying to lure them with food doesn’t work so well. Hopefully your AC isn’t one that doesn’t do cats. PLease let us know how you make out.

Kit

Definitely tell the ASPCA or another another organization like that! Even if they get put to sleep, it is better then staying sick in bad conditions. You never know maybe when you call them and the cats are inspected by a vet, they will find it to be a rather minor illness that is easily treated with some antibiotics or something. Good Luck!!

Sue

schooner the link doesn’t tell you anything more than exactly what I told her. She has to find out who enforces cruelty in the municipality where the kittens are. It mentions something about looking up who has state authority- well that’s a waste of time. You need to know locally – so you start with AC & if it is not them, they will be quick to tell you who it is. The ASPCA link is of no use locally,

Robbin

The link provides a listing of 159 shelters in NJ, many of which are private and some that are cat specific rescues. Any that may be near her can give her help and information. I really don’t think there is a need to continue arguing about whether or not you feel the link is useful, sueb.

Bobbi Jo

I found the NJSPCA website and i clicked on report abuse. They had an option to send an e-mail or call so last night i sent an e-mail and then if i don’t hear back i’ll call them a little later today. But i’ll keep you guys posted.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.