Double Yellow Head

Home Community Birds Double Yellow Head

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Danny 17 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Danny
    Participant

Are there any "Double Yellow Head" owners here? I believe they are in the Amazon family? Are they a good bird to have as pet. Do they talk/capable of having a good vocabulary of words and are they relatively nice birds?

Linda

Hi Rottie, I don’t have a double headed yellow amazon, but a dear friend of mine did. Big bird was a fantastic talker. Confused the neighbor all of the time, always called her mom.
    Helped her make pies, ate everything, turkey bones, peas, carrots, she just loved him. Big bird of all things hated watching sesame street and let her know he hated it.
    Sadly she felt she had to give him up cuz her son was injured in a snow boarding accident that paralyzed him for life so to be fair to this bird she gave him to a man who cared a great deal for big bird.

But of course, expect to be bit occassionaly, that’s just a given……..

all birds have their moments. But I do think you’ll find this bird very companionable.

Danny
    Participant

Sage, thanks for the info. Wow did you say she "gave" the bird to the man? If that is the case what a lucky guy! Double yellow Head has always been my favorite but have never really spoke with someone who has owned one. But I am happy to hear that they are good talkers and so sociable. I hope to own one someday, dont know when? But I’d surely take one tomorrow if it were given to me! That guy was in the right place at the right time! Thats to bad for that women and her child…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.