Cat urinating on daughters bed

Home Community Older Cats Cat urinating on daughters bed

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 17 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Christine

We just moved into a new house and my 14 year old cat continues to pee on my 6 year olds bed. Her litter box is clean so I figured that is not the problem. She never did this at our old house. Does anyone have any suggestions?

shazia

i had a similar problem, my cat use to pee on my daughters bed the only way of stopping that was not to allow her in my daughters room, i tried everything else but she kept doing it now i have replaced the bed and i dont allow her in the room anymore.

cynthia

I agree, ban her from that room unless you just can’t or daughter doesn’t want you to. I had a kitty that had a tendency to do this and I couldn’t bear not to have him in my bedroom. He was old and needed the closeness. I got a plastic mattress pad and that helped. Then there were just sheets to wash and blankets. I’m a pushover with my pets, I admit it.

Melanie

Probably the move has caused this. Below link has some good articles. Could also consider issues with change in litter or cleanliness as ewlla s location of liter box. Especially with age might consider urinary tract infection.

http://www.catsinternational.org/articles/housesoiling/pinpointing_the_problem.html

Susan

And I thought I was the only one with this problem….my cat does this to my bed. I always keep a clean set of sheets and comforter handy just in case I reach out and feel a wet spot….He don’t do it all the time and I can’t figure out why he does it…hope somebody else can tell us why….Suebee

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.