Are Pitbulls really dangerous?

Home Community People & Their Pets Are Pitbulls really dangerous?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Lmj 17 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

garima

After reading this disscution about this dog in many other topics inrelated I made a new topic so we could discuss this. Are pit bulls dangerous dogs? A few things to consider are that it may not be entirly the pit bulls fault. Who do you blame when a rude child destroys your things? The parents. Also what about other dogs causing more deaths? Just a few things to think about..

garima

I forgot to add this in. Not just Pitbulls. Which dogs are dangerous? There is good in every dog or for that fact animal. I wonder who makes them that way.

Christie

NO DOG is naturally dangerous…they are all born innocent and have the same chance that everyother dog has to be a loving and well trained companion. "Dangerous" dogs learn the bad behavior from irresponsible owners, or a hard life on the streets. ex: I had to have one of my fosters put to sleep, it was the rescue’s decision. He was a fear biter and a territorial biter and possive. What happened: he was adopted out as a puppy to a family with children. Apparantly the children teased him and tormented him even while he was in his crate and kept taking his food and toys away and teasing him with those as well. The parents did nothing. Thw children got bit. The dog was returned to the rescue. I took a lot of hard cases for this rescue. Rescue put him in doggy boot camp and obediances classes for eight weeks. After that I took him home and continued with the classes and training. Howver nothing helped, he continued to snap at people in public if they reached to pet him. He growled and snapped at me if he had anything at all. I couldn’t get him out of his crate and he bit my husband 3 times.Nothing worked. He was deemed unadoptable and I took him to be euthanized. His name was Cooper and he was only 2 years old. The breed: a coonhound. it’s not the breed it can happen to any breed.

garima

Sadly it seems, humans affet animals live in more bad ways then good.

Christie

I could continue forever on this subject…Pits are no more dangerous than any other breed, I hope you sdaw my other post on this there is a video link there and at the end are a number of good websites to check out. It’s also on my site

garima

This is sort of sad if you think about it. Most abused dogs probably don’t have much of a bright future after they are saved do they?

Christie

Of course they do!! it just depends on what exactly their issue is. Phoenix (R.I.P) was most likely beaten severely and he flinched whenever a had reached for him. He had a broken hiip and seven busted ribs, I only found this out when he was 11 even thought I had adopted him whenhe was 6yrs old. He had a wonderful life with me for 11 years. I had to have him euthanized on May 25 2006 he was dting from cancer and it ws just too much for him anymore. My little Blue, an Iggy/Husky mix, was most likely held up the the scruff of her neck and sliced by a razor blade. She has a scar on her face and one flopped over ear. She is still not too crazy about tall darked haired men, but she has always loved women and children. and those are just my dogs. Summer, the new girl I just pulled off the street, was only 32 lbs and had a little bit of food agression issues. She has put on about 8 lbs and now is a very happy and active member of the pack. She’s also already over the whole food thing. I can do anything I want to her without issue and I’ve only had her 3 weeks. Everyone mentioned here is on my site except for Blue, she’s kinda of hard to get a good photo of.

Christie

the other discussion is "the wrong breed blamed…Pit bulls again"

Amy

Comparing the most simple of "procedures"
    I had more problems trimming small dogs nails than pit bulls. I once had the most beautiful of Skipper Kees come right for my face!!This Skipper hadn’t been abused, but was owned by a sweet elderly couple that never disciplined the dog. Now instead of having a nice little lap dog, they have a land shark! But I also had two Pit Bulls that came in together and I would literally have to rub their bellies and let them kiss me before I could ever grab the first paw. I agree with Wolfwitch, it all depends on how the dogs are/were handled.

Lmj

There are no such dangerous breeds, but dangerous owners! All breeds that are labeled "working" or "terrier" are not suitable for inexperienced owners. Because dominant breeds required more energy and time from their owners, they could not sit at home all day and do nothing. I swear they would find something to keep themselves busy like guarding the property, chasing a squirrel or people out of the yard, being terrorital, or being protective. Almost every owners I met did not do enough research on the breed they are interested in to know what they need to make those breeds happy. If a family wanted a small dog, they would buy a jack russel. Oh my goodness, I hope they have done their homework because jack russell is not a suitable dog for quiet people. It has so much energy to give and will destroy everything in the house if they didn’t get rid of their energy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.