A Very needy guy

Home Community People & Their Pets A Very needy guy

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Linda 17 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Linda

Ok, here goes. I was looking on pet finders.com for something totally unrelated when I ran across the story of "freeway, a special needs ferret.
    He needs sponsors, lots of love, his story can be found I believe in the Utah area.
    His story ripped my heart out. Apparently a little woman, a grandmother checked on her grandchildren a bit too late. They had put this small ferret in a packpack and were taking turns pouncing, jumping up and down on it, and the poor thing was almost dead when taken to the shelter. he has many medical issues, but is holding his own. He needs small washable stuffed animals, towels, certain kinds of I believe cat food, the page will tell you everything he needs. I think it would be fantastic if you have a ferret and can help sponsor Freeway, please do so. I just don’t know ferrets, not owned by any of them, but this is just killing me!!!

Susan

Whaaaat!!?? What knd of monsters would do that to an animal?
    I don’t know Ferrets either, but those kids need to have some sort of MAJOR consequences for thier actions. Maybe their allowances should be "donated" to Freeway… Can you access anyone to suggest this?

Linda

auntsue, I was so upset about it all that I thought I couldn’t even think about that. But if you access the page about Freeway, "There’s a tear jerking picture of him in his current condition with the page that tells his story and needs and I would think you could make your suggestion to the shelter.
    Who knows what grandma did? Right?

My own grandmothers would have blistered our hides in the "good old days, and access to animals would be denied. Defer us to our parents?? Only with the understanding we were in big trouble!

My prayers, and heart go out to precious little Freeway………

Linda

Ok, finally have my head together some and am going to spit out some facts from petfinders about Freeway and his needs so bare with me.
    Freeway is a "baby!!" He is currently housed at the Utah ritter Sanctuary & Ferret & Parrot Rescue Shelter inc. in Layton, Utah. Their email address is Utah CritterSanctuary@yahoo.com.

Go to their home page and click on View Our Special Needs Pets.

Freeway really needs love, prayers, lots of donations, sponsors, and above all a miracle just for him.

Thank goodness the Grandmother of those children didn’t let her grandchildren finish him off!!!

garima

Sage could you maybe post a link? I can’t find it on google. Poor Freewaay

Anna

Sick, Sick, Sick. That’s disturbing what kind of kids are these people raising!! I don’t know anything about feretts but I’m happy he is holding his own, he must have been so scared…stupid kids!

Rachel

I hope someone presses charges. Horrendous, and the parents of those children should examine their parenting skills. Animal abuse is often the sign of worse to come.

Linda

I’ve been trying to post a link, but I haven’t been able to connect the dots just yet. I’ll try again later.
    I’m not sure about the parents, they could have been visiting "grandma, with no parents around, but I agree that they should have to sink in any money they earn into Freeways care and keeping, but not our place to be their task masters.
    Poor baby!!! As soon as I get a minute I’ll try to put a link to it.

If you go to petfinders.com and put in 83634 zip code it will pull up the Idaho, Utah, and Oregon Sanctuaries, and then look under the small furry pets and their special needs, that might help you find him before I can get the link posted. But I promise, I’m coming back to it to hopefully get the link posted here.

God bless this precious little baby………

Linda

ok, I’m hoping this works.

This is the web address that I have on the top of the page concerning Freeway.

Please tell me if it doesn’t work.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7493730

This page has some pictures of Freeway, with the Utah Critter Sanctuary phone number and email address on it.

Linda

http://search.petfinder.com

It is a sanctuary located in Layton, Utah

Angela

Utah Critter Sanctuary & Ferret & Parrot Rescue Shelter inc.
    Layton, UT
    801-808-1145
    UtahCritterSanctuary@yahoo.com

Ferret

Size: Medium
    ID: Freeway Needs You!!

Notes: Freeway is looking for his new forever home. Freeway is a special needs ferret. We are taking applicates now so we can find the right home that is able to meet his needs. We will not ship him or any of our small pets out of state. To see a full description about Freeway and his plite for help and to find that forever home he is looking for go to our home page and click on top of the page under our (View Our Special Needs Pets). If you can give this boy the home he needs or are willing to help in his needs call or e-mail the sanctuary. If you want to adopt Freeway e-mail for an application.

Sage here is the info off off pet finder you were trying to post.
    Also here are the pictures off ou pet finder for your alls viewing.

Click on any picture to see full size:

Angela

Freeway’s Story (Freeway came in on 11-01-06) Freeway is in need of a sponsor to help get him through the next few months of recovery and hoping to find a new forever home when he’s better. This as a shelter mom is one of the horror stories I have such a hard time understanding how anyone can let something like this happen. Freeway was rescued by the grandma in the home, the children had put Freeway in a backpack and was jumping on it. When the grandma found what the children was doing and rushed Freeway into us he was barely hanging onto life. His chest was caved in, one lung had collapsed and his back is broken in 3 places. Freeway is a 14 week old baby ferret and he can’t understand why anyone would want to hurt him so badly. Look into his eyes and you will see the fear and hurt he is now feeling from what they did to him. He so badly needs your help to sponsor him till he can recover and find that forever loving home where he will be loved not hurt ever again. His needs are:(NEW LOVING MOM/DAD) -Extra used baby recieving blankets( His bed has to be changed several times a day) -2nd stage Gerber Turkey in Gravy (Baby Food) -2nd stage Gerber Turkey & Rice Dinner(Baby Food) -3rd stage Gerber Banana(Baby Food) The Geber brand must have a better smell or taste to it to him cause Freeway will eat this one better then the other brands we have tried. -Iams canned kitten food(Purple can) -Puppy or lambs replacement milk(High Fat) -Baby diaper wipes or used washcloths to clean his bum (He can’t get in a litter pan so he poops & pees himself alot) -Small stuff toys so he no longer feels so all alone. (Make sure they are washable incase they poop on themselves) -Or would you consider putting Freeway on your X’mas shopping list he can use a gift card to Walmart(for baby stuff), Petco or Petsmart (for kitten food & puppy milk) Saver or DI(for blankets and washcloths) Update Freeway has been with us for a week now and is not showing any signs of regaining use in his legs. I know we have been told its going to take sometime for the spine swelling to go down. If you get some extra time will you please say a prayer or good thoughts for him to help in his recovery. Freeway send all loads of fuzzy loves, kisses & hugs for a Warm Safe and Happy Holidays Nov. 15, 06 Freeway has had a really bad week he’s now into the part of his healing where the shock is wearing off and the pain and muscle spasms have set in. He has had to go on some strong drugs for this and the drugs are making him sick to his tummy so he doesn’t want to eat. We are back to tube feeding for a few days till this part of his mending is done. Good news is he’s starting to move his front legs around and he can hold his head up and look around. He wants to thank everyone for helping with his needs and to send everyone his love and this update. The sanctuary staff wants everyone that has been helping with Freeways needs to know without your help we would have lost him. Thanks everyone for being so wonderful and loving when it came to helping us save this baby. He is well worth every bit of love and help everyone has given to him. 11-29-06 Freeway is feeling better the muscle spasms have stopped and he has been taken of the pain meds he was on. His tummy is feeling better now too and he is starting to eat his Turkey & Gravy baby food. We are slowly adding more to his diet each few days and working to see if we can get him to eat his dry kibble ever again. We have seen some improvement in him when there is a young female ferret with a broken back comes into the room to visit with him. When he see Rosie in the room he try to move towards her to check her out. So we are letting them spend more time together to see if Rosie can get him up on his feet and moving even if its digging himself along with her. Rosie is such a out going always on the move, go get her girl if anyone is going to get Freeway up and going she would be the one. Although Freeway does not use his legs yet he does have feeling in all 4’s and he can move his tail now. With time and lots of therapy and his hot oil body rubs the boy should be ready for a good night out on the town. We would like to throw a Thank Freeway’s Sponsors party for everyone that has stood behind Freeway once he is feeling up to it. Everyone that has been there for this baby and helped use save him PLEASE e-mail the sanctuary you name and address Freeway wants to send all of you a thank you for what all you have done for him.

Click on any picture to see full size:

Angela

Sage the prior 2 post are from the rescues home page and the petfinder listing hope this helps people see the seriousness of his need they will not adopt or ship out of state. So if you are in state someone please save him witha forever home if not please do what you can.

Linda

update: It is my understanding that little Freeway’s jaw had to be wired shut, but when that happened I’m not sure. But it does sound to me like he’s improving…..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.