Animal Cops

Home Community People & Their Pets Animal Cops

This topic contains 98 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Barbara 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • Author

garima

The shows of animal cops I watched, there was a pitbull? i think it was and they waited a while before testing to see him. It took him more then a month. When he first came in there was a sign on hi cage saying no to touch becasue he was dangerous. They couldn’t even change his water and food safely. But it took a while and he was addopted. That could have been animal precint though. Or is it the same show?.

Anna

The bottom line was this boxer was sweet and cute and cuddley and loved all the people he came into contact with and when she first put the hand down he growled she stuck it in his face the 2nd time and he barked then she had it right on his mouth and he snapped at it, tell me who sticks their hands in a dogs mouth while their eating anyway. I’m not talking about putting this dog in a home with children but with adults who understand and it would’ve worked.

Danny
    Participant

Im with you Annamarie, the test are ignorant and their are plenty of homes for such a dog!
    These people who destroy these animals are playing "politics with pets" meaning their focus is only on liabilty regarding their heids. Their decisions come not from the heart nor from real reality at hand.
    All dogs will bite if we provoke them long enought, find their weak point. Its a no brainer!
    We need to have better competent test in place for the officers who work in such a profession who have legal power to destroy our animals.
    If we dont yours or my pet will be next…

Linda

they aren’t just playing politics, they are playing God, something noone has any right to do…………………

Sue

actually the testing = ‘. Maddies fund requires shelters to be no kill of ADOPTABLE dogs. They do allow for many reasons for the dog to be considered UN adoptable. Obviously "dangerous" is one of those. So if a dog is questionable – it has to be "proven" so in order for the shelter to keep its #’s in the right colume. This "testing" became very popular around the time Maddies fund came into being & they give out millions to shelters. Shelters with very high populations do not have the luxury of space or time to allow the dogs to get comfortable. Unfortunately, no one can save them all. Direct your anger at the people who allowed this dog to be born, abandoned it, or didn’t reclaim it.

Susan

I agree with you Annamarie, I rescued a hound dog shepard mix at 3 months that was just dropped off in the country and left to fend for himself. It took about 9 months to get him to stop collecting every single bone in the house and hide them in his kennel. (Drove my Shih Zhu nuts!)
    The boxer would have to go to a very patient person and it sounds like they didn’t even try…
    PS, I love that show too.

Anna

Oh I definatly blame the owners but money or not he shouldn’t of had to pay with his life!

Christie

Okay as a pit bull lover let me clear up a few mmixconception and misidentifycations..doggydaze1: the dog that bit the ACO was from animal cops houston…and it was a rottie male who was taken in with a female and yes they gave hima chance and he DID bite the same persona second time..NOT A PIT BULL…cute birdz: the dog you were refering too was a cane corso and you were correct about the food and water and it being on the show animal precient. agai not apit bull…the huggest problem I have is that pit bulls seems to get blamed for everything just becuase another breed looks similar. There’s a link below…watch the video and see what they have to endure..now you know why I get angry and why I rescue…sueb..excellent point all over..depending on the dog..food agression can be an issue. the dog I just pulled off the street has some food agression issues..she was starving and she bit me once and that was all..she learned that she will not starve here and only guards her bowl a little. However I can take anything I want from her without issue and I’ve only had her three weeks. WARNING this video is not for children or the faint of heart….and do yourself a favor…read and watch and learn.

Danny
    Participant

More room coming up…I say we fire and convert someones office space into kennal space. If theres going to be dogs at these facilities they may as well all be four legged then two legged!!!

Anna

Now I’m afraid to watch that video, in this case it was a boxer and I don’t know about anyone else but I’ve never heard any aggressive things about them and although I would never have a pit-bull or even groom them I think it would be okay with the proper owner who knows how to treat and train them, I’ve seen the dog whisperer take care of very aggressive pit-bulls before and they turned into such nice dogs so I think they can live with the right people.

Anna

I just remembered a video I saw on cnn of 2 pit bulls literally fighting to the death and it was so heartbraking because they were in this little room while a person stod by and watched, and I just remember thinking ok they will brake it up soon but they just stod there I had to change the channel, that P****D me off, it’s wrong it’s sick and it’s uncalled for, I think if they are aggressive it’s the owners fault for no doing there jobs as owners.

Sue

just an FYI, boxers are of the bully breed. these dogs should NOT go to inexperienced owners. They are unpredictable & say what you will about their jaws not locking – how many other breeds have you seen hanging on a rope for an hour? Annamarie – its all the owners fault huh? So you think the dogs appearence is not hereditary? Its coloring? color of the eyes? Size? Why would you not realize that the temperment is also an hederited trait? How do you then explain how puppies can become aggressive after being born & raised at a rescue?

Danny
    Participant

Spot on Sage hence the reason I wrote; "who have legal power to destroy our animals".
    Dogs in these facilties are not given a court date, where outside the walls of these building others can catch wind of what is happening, pretty scarey! The decision is put into the hands of one maybe two indiviguals who at the end of the day go home to their pet. A pet the owner of the dog they just destroyed might not care for either.
    It is happening right now, a dog is being killed due to a paritucular persons opinion. Whose to say this person cares more for cats then dogs, and therefore the decision comes a bit easier and justifiable to free-up and therefore save some of the alotted budget pertecting their interest etc. Theres a whole bunch of crap at play here. The fact that someone down the street in a previous month/year played a role bringing this dog to be and giving it life is irrelevant in the case and rather insignificant at this point. We now have this Dog, an anwsome animal. And its going to die based on room/needed space while using the excuse it can, has or may perform a single bite. Get a grip to all those who cannot see this is ignorance directed at an animal that cannot commumicate with vocal cords. It therefore is left to do so with God given teeth. Get over the idea of the word vicious. The dogs in most case that are put down are not lunging at the handlers, foaming at the mouth. Their saying "Im affraid, you scare me" so what do we do, we pay them back by killing them

Anna

Sue this boxer was a perfect pet, and it’s the owners fault for leaving him tied up in a yard for a couple weeks. This dog was happy and playful and gave kisses he wasn’t some aggressive street dog he was starving and skin and bones so after giving 3 warnings not to touch his food he snapped, he didn’t attack the hand and rip it to shreds he just snapped at it. This problem could’ve been fixed because it wasn’t aggressive genes it was "i was left alone for 2 weeks without food or water and i’m starving" I myself would take a dog who had food issues (he would have to be little because little lap dogs is what I prefer) but I would take it home.

garima

AnnaMarie the video was probably of a pitbull fight. They are very cruel and it’s probably one of the reasons why pitbulss have bad reputations.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.