losing weight

Home Community Older Cats losing weight

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sheri 17 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sheri

My kitty will be 12 this spring. She weighed 11 3/4 lbs in Oct. This month she weighed in at 10 lbs. My vet has done a complete blood and urine test on her…we’ve de-wormed her All test come up negative. She continues to eat, though not as much as she used to……She has become more finicky about what she eats. I’ve been feeding her turkey baby food since she tends to eat that the most…Can anyone shed some light on why the dramatic weight loss?

Sue

have her mouth, teeth & gums been checked for any abcesses, tumors, loose teeth, gum problems etc. She was checked for diabetes & feluek, yes? Were both weights on the same scale? Turkey baby food is not giving her all the nutrients she needs. How about you mix the baby food all over her dry food? Are you giving her yogurt?

Sheri

She was checked via blood work for everything thing as well as unrinlysis..all negative. I mix the babyfood with her wet food, science diet senior turkey flavor. I also give her kitten formula milk about twice a week. The scale was at the vet’s office, same scale as back in October. She acts the same, still spry and silly…….just losing weight. Even the vet is perplexed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.