cat losing bladder and blood

Home Community Older Cats cat losing bladder and blood

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sue 17 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lori

Sorry – new here but need some help quickly.

My cat is almost 14 and for the last couple weeks, she has been peeing outside her box (or so I thought) It turns out with her arthritus, she can’t squat any more so it’s been going over the box. BUT this weekend, she has gone in 2 different spots in the house and I noticed some watered down browinsh blood in her sitting box. I also just noticed a leak from her last sitting spot.
    I’m taking her in tomorrow morning but what am I up against? I’m willing to pay whatever and have her well but I don’t know if I could handle anything drastic. This is my little baby but now that I’m almost at the end of my pregnancy and budget, I’m just getting myself worked into a frenzy thinking of what I may be facing.
    Any thoughts……….

Ingrid

Well, I have not much experence with cats, but this has happned with a dog of mine, well it sounds simular, and they took the dog to the ved many times, they got her on medicine and didnt know what was wrong with her, But she was going through menopause…But, Seeing as I dont really know the situation well with your cat. I think you may just need to take her to the vet…

Sue

you can only do what you can do. It may be her time to go & if so it will be the last loving thing you can do for her. Perhaps this will help you. there are several links at the top of the page just for your situation. Please let us know what the vet said. http://www.pet-loss.net/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.