Glorious Food

Home Community Cat Food & Feeding Glorious Food

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Kichwa 20 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Daphne
    Participant

There seem to be so many different brands of commercial cat food available – how anyone could guess which is best is we don’t know. Do you examine the ingredients? Does your cat have a nutritionist? Or do you apply the same standards to your cat’s food as you do to your own? We want to hear from you!

Kichwa
    Participant

Hi Wendy, Good question!!! I have three cats and they all eat differently. I personally know people who show cats and swear by only feeding a good dry food. Then, I have friends who feed only good canned food and lastly, people who feed only good quality raw meat. Most definitely, before purchasing any product, read the ingredients. The ingredients listed first will almost always make up the largest portion of the food. Look for "meat" listings. Cats don’t need a lot of "corn" or corn by-products in their diet. Lots of dry foods are just loaded with corn. Personally, I like a combination of food for my girls. Some dry, some canned and some raw. Good dry: Wellness and Faledia. Good canned: Faleida, Science Diet, Max. If you feed raw, use only good quality fresh meat for human comsumption. Bones in the chicken are even good for kitties as long as they are given to them raw. (Like the bones in the wings and necks of chickens.) If you are wanting to bulk up a cat before showing; Gerber baby food is wonderful and the cats love it. Hope some of this helps.

Ishdakitty

Well my momma cat eats a little of both…she gets canned food (as much as she wants, since she’s nursing) And one of those big cat feeders for dry food with a mix of kitten food and regular food. I read that it’s best for the kittens that way. Momma also hunts a little on her own, she caught, killed, and ate a squirrel today….I feed her plenty, I think she just wanted the exercise. She’s doin great, and the kittens are healthy and active…. and finally, all are named! Their names are… Jabba the cat, Harpo, Twitch, Snowfoot, Gargauth, and Lazy One-eyed Jack. And we’ve got homes for everybody, so, YAY! I make an okay surragate momma, don’tcha think? ;D ~Kitty

Jones

I am new to this site and i was just looking at the posts. My Husband and I have to cats and when we lived in Wisconsin we fed our cats both wet and dry food now we live in the caribbean and we find lots of dry food here that our cats eat but not much we food and from your post you said you feed your cat/s raw can you please advise me on how to do so? ??? Or if anyone out there can give me any help I will be very very grateful

opokki

Why is it not good for their digestive tract? I’ve never heard this before. Just curious, I feed wet and dry but have never had any digestive problems with the wet.

opokki

Mine get a combination of wet and dry. My favorite dry foods for them are Innova, California Natural and Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover’s Soul. My favorite canned foods for them are Innova, Wellness, Eagle Pack and Active Life. They all seem to do very well on these brands. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.