Greiving mommy

Home Community Pet Loss Support Greiving mommy

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Joni 17 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Joni

My precious Shih tzu, Bridget, had a litter of pups on Nov 28. They were doing great up until last week when they fell ill with a virus (it wasn’t Parvo-the vet tested them) three of the five pups died. Bridget is not eating well, trembles and wants to be held and seems to have tears in her eyes. She isn’t sick with the virus. Is she greiving?

Andrew

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww……i’m so sorry to hear that. Thats awful. I suppose she will be grieving. God anything would be. Take care.

Robbin

I suppose you had the vet check her? What are you feeding her? A nursing dog needs a food with higher nutritional value than an average food.. she’s feeding others, after all…Although a dog will of course grieve, I should think that with the puppies she still has she would be engrossed with mothering, so I would speculate that there is something else wrong.

sarah

Yah i would def make sure that nothing is wrong with her. Poor girl! im sure she is so sad. Was this her first litter? How are the other puppies doing?

Joni

This was bridget’s third and last litter. I have the Dad too, "Bernie", he was neutered over the holidays. I had already sold the two healthy pups before the other ones got sick, so Bridget is left with no pups. She seems to sniff around the house a lot like she’s looking for them. No more pups for this household, Bridget nor I can handle the loss of those precious puppies. It was hard enough to sell them to nice people, but losing them, and watching them suffer was horrendous.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.