kitten with eye infection

Home Community People & Their Pets kitten with eye infection

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sarah 17 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sarah

The breeder that I am getting my new kitten from has to delay me taking home my new baby becasue she said that when she took him and his siblings to the vet the picked up an eye infection. This eye infection is very contagious to other cats and they are on 3 different kids of meds. My concern is, number one I have a cat and I do not want him to get it. Number 2 how do i know that it is all of the way gone and that the infection will not come back. Number 3 will there be any permanent dammage done to the eye. What questions should i ask her before i take him and what precautions should I take? Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hollly

If the breeder is taking them to the vet and putting them on medications, I’m quite pleased with the responsibility of the breeder for not just giving you a sick kitten! If you’re worried about the infection, when you get the cat keep it isolated from your other pets until you can get it to your own vet (wash hands after handling!) and make sure the infection isn’t still present. Most eye infections really aren’t severe enough to do permanent damage, especially if caught early, and your vet can help with that too.

Mikki

There are many kinds of eye infections. The only way to accurately answer you questions is to know what kind of infection they have.

sarah

i wish that i knew. She is having them treated by a vet that is all that I know. I will take him to the vet as soon as i get him and have him checked out by my vet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.