I just got a new puppy!

Home Community Dogs I just got a new puppy!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Monique 17 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Jennifer

I just got a new puppy yesterday. He is an American Pit Bull Terrier. But there’s one problem, I am hopeless with naming pets! In order to start his training, he needs a name. Anyone have any suggestions? All will be considered and greatly appreciated! Just no baby or cutesy names, my husband wouldn’t like that too much:) Thanks

Click on any picture to see full size:

sue

oh isn’t he cute.you have fun with him.

Jennifer

Oh, he’s adorable when he plays! He’s only 8 weeks old and he sleeps through the night:)

Trisha

some suggestions I like are:
    Amos…Bruno….Quincy….Jake….Murphy….Gus…..Oliver
    Rosco…
    I am always thinking up names…of course it is all what your own preference is.

Jennifer

…like I said, when it comes to naming things, I am hopeless! lol. Thank you for your suggestions!

Patti

He is a beauty. I love his marking. Watch his personality and I am sure he will help name himself. For right now you can always call him boy. Heck all dogs have nicknames, so when you find one to suit him you can change it.
    How about Max, Apollo or Baron?

Trisha

OOOH!!! I love Baron! That is a great name. Didn’t "the Donald" name his newest son Barron?? I don’t think that your hubby would think that name is too cutesie, it sounds very masculine.

Patti

I loved the name Baron. My dogs grandpa is a champion Staffordshire Bull Terrier in England, or should say was, passed away almost a year ago, that was his name. His pedigree name was "Quite a Boy" and he was. So their grandma name was Taz so when my son got their mom, he named her Taron, Taz and Baron together. Taron died 3 hours after giving birth so did one of the male pups. So my son and I hand raise the remaining four boys. He kept one (the one on the right) and mine is the one on the left. So names do mean alot so if you name him Baron he will be a well named dog.

Trisha

staffy- what a great story. you must be very proud. Beautiful dogs!

Patti

We are. My son suffered a great loss but we made it through. There were 5 males and as I said the one died. So we were left with the 4 boys to raise. My son’s favorite movie was HBO’s Band of Brothers, so how appropriate. He name each of them after his favorite character. Speirs (his), Shifty (mine), Winters and Lipton. The last two went to wonderful homes and we still keep in contact with them almost 3 years later. It was a learning experience. I have alot of respect for animal mothers. BUT I would on trade the experience for anything. I was surprised because these pups for spoken for already and there were people on a waiting list for 2 years, but due to the circumstances my son made arrangement for me to have one of the boys, and I was told on a Mother’s day. So all the boys hold a special place in my heart.
    Never knew about the breed until my son got Taron. I don’t think I will ever have any other breed.

De’Sean

OMG! okay…ima kid and I LOV DOGS! i dont have one yet but i keep begging and begging mah mom to get a pup…here r some names that I like…

Cloe
    Clair
    Spirit
    Spot
    Thing 1 and/or thing 2 (from Dr.Seuse)
    Justice
    Casper
    Cicil (Sue-Sill)
    Scooby
    Krush

those are some of my favorite dog names…

I wish you the best! Happy Valentines Day!

De’Sean

Jennifer

Sorry, I haven’t been on in a while. I just moved and just now hooked up my computer.=/ Thanks to all that replied! I think I will give it time, I’m sure I will see or hear a name that I think would match him. I am about to be adding on another puppy, a blue pit bull, b/c the owner decided she doesn’t want her puppies anymore, and will put them down if no body takes them. There are two, and a friend of mine will also be taking one. So I will have two nameless dogs!! Oh well, The names will come….:)

Lmj

Other names you can consider, Phoenix, Tomato (b/c he’s red :D), Ruffy, Emo, Tucsan ( I would name this dog if its black), Cocomo, Rocco, Turill, Alaric Zale, Vesuvio, Angus, etc. Good luck.

Jennifer

My husband wants to name him Taz for right now. =)

Patti

Great name. That was my dogs grandma’s name. One down, one to go!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.