FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO BUY FROM PETSMART!!!

Home Community Small Pets FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO BUY FROM PETSMART!!!

This topic contains 96 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ritsuka 14 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)
  • Author

Ashley

I have been sitting here for about an hour and a half reading the messages and watching the videos.
    In my opinion I would have to say that PETA is a horrible organization who should be either:
    1.) put under new management (who actually cares for the animals)
    or
    2.) be completly disbanded and done away with
    What I have to say about petsmart is not all petsmart stores are bad caretakers for the animals, the video on the petsmart stores were either completly fake and made-up or just a few of the stores that need help. Most people are seriously one-sided, once they see something they automatically think that is what serioulsy happened and dis everyone else who disagrees with them, why? Do those people need to be hit over the head with a book to make them think better, harder, or less one-sided? For the next summer break next year i will try to get a job at my local petsmart and investigate for myself. I do not believe ALL petsmarts are hoplessly horrible and maybe if the petsmarts who are, need to put a little bit of extra dollers into making a trainee website or to bring in expert peoples who will help the newbies that come into the store. The Petsmarts’ ads say that they are experts, instead of stuping so low to change thier name, how about proving to us that they are indeed experts. I personally think the title to this disscussion should not be on petsmart but more on to the focus of PETA.

Nicole

i think that Peta is horrible and yea the petsmart thing-well i am up for a pet care job in gastonia nc and if i see any of that going on i am goin to sue the pants off of these people for sure and i know that if i do i got lots of people backing me up right? well about the peta thing i guess its a matter of opinion because well i just think those two people hinky and cook should be killed like they killed those poor animals but i do believe that peta is out to do great things for animals everywhere…so thats my opinion

jon

PETA is a great orginaztion with very good beliefs and about thier "terrorist attacks", well i dont exactly know what is meant by that but i do approve of throwing red paint on people wearing fur coats and so forth. those kinds of acts are perfectly sane and in fact should be done. as harsh as it sounds, i believe that people who wear fur should die just as the animals did they wear.

Ashley

Thats a terrible thing to say, sure people who wear animals and know they do, and think they look good in them could be real nasty people, but no matter how much you hate them, you cant just up and wish they’d all die. No matter how much you love animals peoples lives are just a little more valuable then animals, think about it. You have a close family member, whoever it is. one you really really like or love, they wear animal knowing it and then your wish come true, not only will your loved one die but everyone else who has loved ones who wear animals. Throwing paint on them is harsh but i guess it could work…i mean I would NEVER wear animal if i spent thousands of dollars on a nice soft animal fur then have paint thrown on it the next day. Every one is intitled to their own opinion but wishing for people to drop dead is really wrong.

jon

I don’t mean to be a jerk or anything and i understand your point but I just don’t agree that human lives are more important than animals. It’s that kind of attitude that has killed many animals. for example, we have destroyed rainforests so we can get wood which is ruining many animal’s live for our benefeit. I just don’t personally see what makes us so much better then other animals who have never done anything wrong to us. So even though i understand your point, i still agree with my opinion.

Maria

I do not buy animals from petsmart at all, anyway, and anyway, anyone who would go to a pet store, big or small, corporate or family owned, before looking at shelter animals that actually need homes, sickens me.

Ashley

Well yes it’s true that we are the cause of everything going wrong in the world, and yes i do see your point but i still think its wrong to wish people to die. And actually petsmart, or at least my petsmart does not just collect pets from anywhere to adopt out, they work with the local shelters and they have adoption days were the shelters send some animals out.

Ashley

Omg! I can’t imagine some1 doing something so wrong like that! Its makes me feel sick.

Ashley

That makes me feel SICK!

adriean

I saw this video and it broke my heart. Tears came from the deepest part of my heart, and I asked where is God when this happened. Why wasn’t he protecting his creatures and how can there people in this world be so curel. The devil must posses these people.
    Adriean

Lovie

All I can say is that this really made me SICK. How anyone could HURT an animal should be punished. My heart is truly broken. Can’t stop the tears in my eyes.

Lynda

P.E.T.A is a RADICAL group who have been under scrutiny lately. I think PETSMART is a corporation whose bottom line is PROFIT, and that comes at the expense of their employees and the animals they sell. I will not patronize this and many other pet stores, and the ones that still sell puppies and kittens should be SHUT DOWN, because you have to know they are from puppy mills/kitten mills.
    PETCO for example doesn’t sell puppies or kittens, but they do sell a variety of other small animals, which I think should be stopped. They have cats in cages(from the various shelters) in front of the store who are in these cages day & night, and are rarely, if EVER taken out and interacted with. I do patronize Petco only because I buy the Solid Gold food there and Avoderm for my kitties. I can barely walk in there knowing these cats in the cages are still there, and I walk out of that store in tears.
    In my opinion, there needs to be a law that bans Pet Stores from selling ANY animals, but particularly PUPPIES and KITTENS, because we ALL know they are from puppy mills, in bred and abused horribly.
    L.P.

Jill

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news……..for those of you who don’t know, I work part time for Petsmart and just last week, we were asked to take the Cockatiels off the sales floor and put them in isolation. Corporate relayed "there had been some cases of sick cockatiels and they had been keeping a watch on them" The sickness they were watching for we were told is Psittacosis. So if you don’t see any cockatiels in your hometown Petsmart, that’s why. First the lovebirds were taken off the floor and there had been some possible cases of Psittacine Beak and Feather Disease and there may be some carriers that are not showing the illness outwardly, so all lovebirds were pulled and returned to the vendor…..so that was a while ago……..
    And yes, Petsmart continues to get their birds from the vendor "Preferred Birds"
    Unbelieveable!

Frances

This is a lively discussion, but I’d like to mention one forgotten thing:
    About those rabbits that started this discussion…
    Could it be they were in the store for adoption purposes? That particular branch may have just agreed to set up a rabbit adoption site in addition to the cats. That’s a good way to get the abandoned bunnies a home.
    Petsmart gives free space to local private adoption groups, and the cats are kept in the store so that people will meet them and fall in love with them and take them home. Petsmart does not sell anything bigger than a chinchilla – as someone mentioned – but there’s a lot of adopting of larger animals going on there, especially on weekends.
    (One Saturday, at my local Petsmart, there was a cat adoption group over by the veterinary office, a greyhound adoption group in the back of the store, and a beagle adoption group in the front of the store.)
    And as for quality of animals, it was Petco that sold me a male & female gerbil from a cage that read "GERBILS-MALE", not Petsmart. And Petco also sold me a gerbil cage that had been opened, returned, and there were parts missing. So they have more to prove to me than Petsmart.
    Also, Petsmart’s policy is to have only one sex of the small animals in any given store, so you won’t have that accidental breeding situation. And the two branches of Petsmart I have shopped at all had lively animals with toys and plenty of space.
    Oh, and the only way to safely catch a budgie in a cage is to net it. Grabbing with your hand is the most dangerous way, to the bird. These budgies are young and not used to people yet, so they just fly away from everyone.
    The only thing I can fault Petsmart for is that the gerbils (and such) in any large pet store chain are by definition from the the kind of breeders that just churn them out, so there’s a huge inbreeding problem that can crop up.
    And don’t even mention PETA to me, they’re a bunch of left-wing nutjobs who kill animals and inspire the people who wreck research labs.
    Yes, some testing is done on animals. BUT – I had a diabetic cat. Diabetes treatment is tested on cats, as cats are very prone to diabetes. And because they figured out how to treat humans through the cat work, my cat could get insulin for her diabetes, which helped her live to 17 years old.
    And then there’s my hyperthyroid cat – also taking human drugs that were probably tested on animals. And the blood pressure medication (human) for the same cat…same story.
    So don’t wholesale condemn animal testing. If it wasn’t out there, your pets wouldn’t be getting all this wonderful veterinary care that uses the drugs originally developed for humans.

Andrei

thats kinds sad and awful!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.