My dog puts things over his food?

Home Community Dog Food & Feeding My dog puts things over his food?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobbi Jo 17 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bobbi Jo

My fiance and I adopted a shepard/pit mix in Nov. ’06 from a animal shelter. He is now 1yr 1/2 old. He gets along great with our boxers, cats, and horses and loves the whole family thing. When I feed him he gets mainly dry food with a little mix of wet food. Sometimes i’ll shut him in another room to eat because they like to play musical food. When I go in the room he will have things (clothes, bags, paper, toys) covering his food dish? When I take them out and sit with him he rubs his nose on the side of the dish back and forth? I have no idea why he does this. He is healthy and he usually only does this with his breakfast. Does anyone have any answers please! Thank You!

Click on any picture to see full size:

Luci

He could be getting full and just covering the food so he can go back to it…Does it seem to take him quite a while to eat ?

Jennifer

I love your dogs! That sounds strange to me. I use to have a husky that would take mouthfuls of food and hide them around the house. As long as he eats his food I wouldn’t worry. Some dogs are just strange! Is he rubbing his nose on the floor, beside his dish? If so, he’s just trying to burry his food. My husky did that too.=/

Bobbi Jo

Hey thanks guys! Yeah I was just recently told in another forum that he gets full and doesn’t want someone else to get it so he tries to burry it!
    Yes he does rub his nose whine. lol.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.