Tumor???

Home Community Birds Tumor???

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Linda Beaulieu 17 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

garima

I have a 3 year old budgie. His right eye is really swollen and it looks like it’s popping out and abnormal. We went to the vet today. She told me if it was an eye infection he should be better my Monday or Tuesday. If he has a tumor he’s going to be worse and we are going to have to put him down. He’s on 3 medications. One pain killer – given in mouth once a day. An anti-biotic- given in mouth once a day and a cream to put in his eye 2-3 times a day. I hope my Cracker is okay.

Has anyone else had a bird with a tumor or something like this with their eye??? I hope it’s just an infecton..

kim

I’m sorry to hear about Cracker & I hope it is only an infection & clears up. Unfortunately budgies are prone to tumors. Tumors can be removed however I don’t know about it being in the eye. The vet may have suggested if a tumor to be put down because of where the tumor is. There is a lot of things you can google about budgies & tumors that may give you more of an idea of these things & possibly even why budgies are so prone to having tumors. Good luck & let us know how Cracker goes.

phillip

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT CRACKER!

I hope Cracker is doing better today!?

garima

Update: His swelling has gone way down and is able to blink properly! I hope he’s going to be okay

garima

Update: His swelling has gone way down and is able to blink properly! I hope he’s going to be okay

phillip

awsome great to hear!!

kim

That’s great news

garima

His eye swelled up again. It was a tumor so we went to the vet and put him down.

Hollly

I’m sorry for your loss. 🙁

phillip

oh im so sorry to hear that 🙁

how is the little soon to be mummy doing?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.