My poor kitty!!!!!!

Home Community People & Their Pets My poor kitty!!!!!!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Danielle 17 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sarah

I live on the third floor in an apartment. I came home after a long day of shopping. I opened the balcony door to let some of the heat out of the apartment. The screen door must have been opened a crack. I went about my business and after a while I noticed that I had not seen my cat far a while. I looked everwhere for him, finally I walked out on the balcany and was calling his name. I heard a faint cry and I asked a man that I have never seen before if there was a cat down there and he said there was. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could. My cat was so happy to see me. He ran to me. He was purring like crazy and being soooooo affecinate. Poor guy he chipped half of one of his cainine teeth, he bit his tonge and he has a fat lip. His mouth was all bloody. His pads on his paws were red. But amazingly he is fine. He hid under the bed for a couple of hours. I tried to get him to eat and made sure that he had plenty of fresh cold water. He is so lucky! He must have use one of his 9 cat lives. Thank u god for letting him live through this with out any perment damage and for helping him find his way back to me with out anyone stealing him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danielle

I’m so glad to hear he’s ok! That would’ve been terrible! Poor little guy had quite a shock, I’ll bet. Cats are pretty resiliant, sometimes. I’ve seen some cats take some awful falls and come out unharmed. Still glad to hear he’s ok though!

Sue

You really need to get him to the vet asap. He could have internal injuries, broken any number of bones that you can’t see. Any number of things could have happened that you won’t see manifest until they are a crisis.

Danielle

I didn’t realize you hadnt taken him to the vet. You should get him checked out, just in case!

sarah

Thanks! This has been going on 2 weeks. He is playing, eating, using the bathroom and acting like my normal cat. I was really worried at first but I just kept an eye on him. He is doing fine. Thanks for you concern. Don’t you think that sings of something more serious would have showed by now?

Danielle

I would think he would….but wouldn’t you rather know for sure?

Sue

most likely, altho with nurological injuries I have seen things show up after several months

sarah

Ok I will take him. I was trying to avoid it becasue I am the girl that takes him to the vet for nothing and we are always there. The vet know us by first name. Me and my cat. I did call and they said to just watch him. I feel like an over protective parent.

Danielle

Better safe than sorry

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.