Cruelty to horses…in England

Home Community Horses & Riding Cruelty to horses…in England

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Mary-Beth 17 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Rachel

We have a jet black pony. Ebony-Black rolled his eyes and panicked when the saddle was put on his back. I assumed he was just abused by the last owners, maybe a poorly maintained riding school…the truth was much much worse. Ebony used to be a show pony, until he was out once doing road work when he fell and gashed all of his chest and girth area right open. Once he was healed, the owners wanted to sell him on, however…nobody thought him a sound steady pony…’he was unsuitable to have for their child’. Ebony was due to be sent to the knackers yard. Sue came along and watched Ebony through his paces, and saw that the accident was not Ebony’s fault – it was merely a case of a bad rider flogging a horse on a dangerously wet road. So Ebony slipped and fell due to the whip being laid on for the rider wanting to go fast when he was doing his best to keep a good pace up and not stumble and fall. I want to thank Sue for giving Ebony a home and a chance with us, as theres not a steadier, gentler creature id want to meet. Ebony can now jump again and he is as happy as could be.The only remaining damage is memories for the poor little pony.
    This just shows cruelty is all around us. Open your eyes people and if you see someone flogging and kicking a horse shamefully ni the road or anywhere – pull them up. Stop suffering to horses.

Mary-Beth

That is horrible. I actually think my Saddlebred was abused while wearing an English saddle because my father told me when they tried getting it on him that he freaked and would not let it near him. Also when ever he spots a crop his eyes get huge and he backs away from it, rolling his eyes and shaking. It is really horrible that people can do that to a horse, and Ben is so sweet and tottally Bombproof. I can’t understand why anyone would need to use the crop of spurs with him!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.