some advice on litterbox training please!!

Home Community People & Their Pets some advice on litterbox training please!!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mandy 17 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mandy

i need some advice.i have a 7 week old kitten and it has been very diffucult to litter box train her.i have raised her myself.she was found in a cardboard box at 1 week old.i am very attatched to her but she has one very big problem, she uses her litterbox but she still insists on pooping beside it or behind furniture.is there any hope for her because i hate to get rid of her but i’m running out of options(and carpet spray)lol

Corrina

A good way to train her is by putting butter on her paws when she is in the tray, you also use this when you move house its a way of them finding their own teratory and they love the taste of butter, just don’t put too much on.

Sue

Is she too small to always get up over the side of it? Try a second littler box. Many cats like to pee in one & poop in another. The rule is always have one more box than cats.

mandy

she gets in the litterbox easily.she doesn’t do this everyday.its maybe 3 times a week.i even tried changing the litter to a different brand.the funny thing is she never has accidents in the same place they are all spread out areas of the house.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.