jewellery on pets

Home Community Dog Sports & Showing jewellery on pets

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Linda 17 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sarah

Hi i’m writing a dissertation at uni on jewellery on pets. I would be interested to hear peoples views on this. Would you consider putting jewellery or clothes on your beasty? if so what would be your reason for doing this?
    Many thanks

Linda

For Identification. My dogs wear identification tags, and to let people know they have their rabies vaccinations. And if my pet gets lost I want my beloved pet back.
    However, I dislike tags at the same time because when my dogs play they pull and jerk at the tags until they break and I worry about them swallowing the tags.

They are also microchipped. They are that important to me!!

However, pet birds, and I have 5 of them, as much as I’d like to microchip them I cannot and will not have the proceedure done because even the best Avian vet can slip and since their bodies or so small the risk of death is to great, and it’s a risk I’m not willing to take.

Clothing? Yes, but only if it is for a health reason, not to dress up. If a dog such as a poodle is kept outside, and it irks me when people make a pup that small stay out side all the time needs a jacket. One pet bird, a feather plucker has to wear a flight suit to stay warm because my heat is not even enough in the winter to keep her warm.
    Hope this helps you some.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.