My cat had a seizure…

Home Community Cats Health My cat had a seizure…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  rach_sk8 20 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

rach_sk8

Hi everyone, Im a newbie but really keen on any suggestions or information about my cat who had a strange turn yesterday. It is the first time we have noticded anything out of sorts with him, but he was walking along then suddenly flopped onto his side and had one paw "frozen" up in the air by his ear. Mum pikced him up and he seemed pretty vacant. She yelled for my dad and by the time he came my cat was returning to normal. We rushed him to the Emergency Vet as we got such a fright, who checked him over (all seemed normal) and said he may have had a mild seizure or even a mild stroke? She gave him a Vitamin B shot incase he was deficient in this. He has just turned 5yrs old so she felt he was probably too young for a stroke. Can anyone offer any help, advice or suggestions? It was pretty scary. She also said it may never happen again (we are praying this is right!) Does anyone know if these sorts of things happen often in cats? What are the causes likely to be? He has returned back to normal very shortly after his turn. Any help is so much appreicated. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.