Type of breed + Is it possible?

Home Community Dogs Type of breed + Is it possible?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Mikki 17 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Okay, a few weeks ago I started a topic asking people what type of dog my little scooter is, I know his mom is poodle/shih tzu, that is around 15 inches (?) high, and the friend, whom we got scooter from, said that the father was a ‘minature collie’ (well she thinks it is). Well a shetland sheepdog comes to mind. But people say he has more of a border collie type look. Personally I dont have a clue. So if any one can tell me what kind of breed you think Scooter is, a border collie or shetland sheepdog, and is it possible for two male dogs to have mated with the mom? and is it possible for an 18-21 inch dog to mate with a 15 inch dog? Oh and Scooter is just over 3 mths old, 13 inches high, BIG FEET, and is around 12 lbs.

Click on any picture to see full size:

Sue

looks more BC to me. Yes, a litter can be fathered by more than one dog. Often we see litters that half has absolutely no similarity to the other. Yes, any sizes can mate. You are being very compulsive obsessive about this.

Its not just me who wants to know what kind of dog he is, Im just asking what other people think. Last time I got 2 answers, one said Sheltie the other said BC. I dont think about this everyday, every hour, every minute. Once in a while it pops into my head.

Susan

I thought the reply was rediculous that said you were "compulsive obsessive". It made me laught because for one thing she said it backwards, should be "obsessive compulsive disorder ‘OCD’". I think anyone would want to know what kind of dog they had. His coloring looks like a border collie or sheltie, but it looks kind of wirey like some kind of terrier.

Haha, She did say it backwards!! I noticed he did have a little bit of wired fur, hmm.. I have no clue!!

Lauren

Well, he’s just a puppy right now. I can see the Shih Tzu/Toy or Miniature Poodle mix part, he does look more Border Collie like, but he also looks like a Sheltie too because of his height and weight. Adult male Border Collies are about 19" to 22" at the withers (shoulder blade), Shetland Sheepdogs are between 13 and 16 inches at the shoulder blade, Shih Tzus are 9 to 10 1/2, Toy Poodles are 10" or under, while Miniatures are 15" and under, but no less than 10" at the withers. So when this dog is about 18 months old, which is when he should be at his adult height, he could be in any of these ranges. Yeah, I think he looks like a Sheltie more so from the pics and info your provided.

Mikki

I think he looks like an australian shepard mix or a mini aussie mix. Very cute whatever he is!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.