Help-Grooming

Home Community People & Their Pets Help-Grooming

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lauren 17 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lauren

I have a Silky Terrier/ Yorkie mix, and we took her to get her nails clipped and they cut the quik, (they used quik stop on it, and it was fine), but since then she won’t let met get near her w/ clippers. I tried giving her a hair cut yesterday, and I assume she associated the sound with being at the groomers, and she was snarling, and biting at the clippers (not me). I only got her body done because I couldn’t get anywhere near her head or she’d wig out. I don’t want to cut her. She looks like a lion now, and I need to finish the hair cut. Does anyone have any advice on how to calm her down?

Stephanie

Try Giving her little bites of food like sausage (what ever she likes)
    My mum used to be a dog groomer and my friend is too.
    It is difficult because my mum was always getting attacked by dogs so try taking her to your nearest dog grooming place they are profeshionals and they no how to calm dogs down.
    My info for you is to if your on your own give her small bits of food (treats)
    If somone is with you they can entertain her a bit like stroking her or again treats it usually works!
    This is advice from a proffeshional dog groomer so try it.

lauren

Thank you Apollomad. I’m worried about taking her to the local groomer because last time we took her they cut her quik, and really hurt her, the same person cut my friend’s Maltese while clipping her hair!! They didn’t do anything about it! Or even tell her about it. She found the large cut after she picked her up from there. I really don’t want to go to them again, and I’m not sure of any local groomers. I will try food though. I cut her hair w/ scissors and that worked better, but it doesn’t look as good as the clippers do. I’ll try to find a better groomer before her next hair cut. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.