Greyhound or IG?

Home Community People & Their Pets Greyhound or IG?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lauren 17 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lauren

I’m wanting either an IG (Italian Greyhound) or a Greyhound, but wanted to know if either was more "hyper" or "energetic" than the other. The rescued greys I’ve gone to look at are very mellow, but what about a puppy? Are they also this mellow? Are IG’s mellow dogs also? Any info on either of the breeds is appreciated. I’ve done quite a bit of research, but there are some unanswered questions still. Thanks in advance! πŸ™‚

Stephanie

Right i would recommend a Whippet!!!
    bigger them the Italian Greyhound and smaller than a greyhound!!!
    I no somone who has got one to!!!
    I have two called Max and Paddy!
    they are plasid and we get loads of people coming up to us saying that they are gorgous!!!Paddy has won his first rosett!!! 3rd place!!!
    He is a brindle and max is a fawn!!!
    They need exercise but they are quite and VERY friendly to children and other dogs i have a rabbit and they get on fine!!!
    Please let me now!!
    I have a breeder who my pups brother is still for sale he is a light brindle!
    The only reason he is still for sale is because the person had an allergie to it so she brung it bak
    LET ME NO
    FROM APOLLOMAD!!!
    I HAVE GOT A PICTURE OF A WHIPPET FOR YOU!!!

Click on any picture to see full size:

lauren

Thanks for the recomendation. Does the breeder have a website? I’d love to see it. The picture is beautiful. Is that your whippet? I’m going to do a little research on the breed. I’ve researched the Greys, and IG’s, but not Whippets. Thanks again!

lauren

p.s. (sorry) this is dixie_lover. i’m on a different computer, and i have a different screen name. πŸ˜‰

nicola

Like any breed there is no way of knowing what an inidividual puppy will be like and this is even more the case in pure breed dogs. In general though neither the italiand greyhound or greyhound are hyperactive dogs. They require quite a lot of exersise, are almost never completely trustworthy off the leash as they have been bred to mindesly chase anything they see. They are not the hang on every word dog that say a lab is but can be quite affectionate and loving. They are also quite fragile (especially the italian) and are therefore not suitable for handling by young children as they can be seriously harmed. All the best in your choice

lauren

thank you nla. that’s what i’ve been wondering. thanks. πŸ™‚

Stephanie

The picture that i sent you of the Whippet is not my whippet but he is just the same markings.
    She has one brindle boy left she is in Welshpool
    her number is:01934 559142
    She give advise on whippets to.
    here are pictures of are whippets
    Please let me no how you get on.

Click on any picture to see full size:

lauren

awww, they are adorable! πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.