Showing a Dog

Home Community People & Their Pets Showing a Dog

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Lauren 17 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lauren

Hello, I have a 5-6 month old Yorkie. She has AKC Grand Champion Lines all through her lineage, and I paid $1500 for her. I need a little help though….I bought her for showing, and I’d like some advice. First of all, she seems to have thinner hair than expected, and I wondered if there was a certain diet fed to thicken coats….I feed her Nutro Natural….(wet & dry mix)She’s got nice conformation, and even my vet was amazed at how perfect her bite, and gait are. He asked to be notified if she were to have pups, as he wants to buy one! She’s a sweet dog, and we’re entering her into some basic obedience puppy classes when we get back from being out of town next week. I’ve researched the breed for the past year, and there’s still things to learn. I wanted to get any help I can. Please let me know if you have experiance in showing dogs. All advice is appreciated. Oh, and I’m 15, and will be entering as a Junior Handler. 1st we’re going to show her in Conformation, and then move up. Thanks in advance! -Dixies_Mom 🙂

Lauren

Another thing, little Dixie still has alot of black in her (I’ll try posting a picture), and I wondered if her hair would grow to be silver, or not….and is this unsatisfactory as a Show dog??? Please let me know if you have any info on showing Yorkies in AKC. THANKS. – Dixies_Mom

Lauren

Here is her Grandfather who is a Grand Champion….

Click on any picture to see full size:

Lauren

Here’s Dixie. See how her face is silver, but still has black? Her body is almost completely black except at the roots…at 6 months I wouldn’t expected her fur to have changed by now….anyone know if it looks like she’ll completely change or not? Thanks.

Click on any picture to see full size:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.