Naughty Boy.

Home Community Dog Behavior Naughty Boy.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Karen 20 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rebecca.h1

>:(Iv`e got a Border Terrier called Rusty and for a few weeks now he has been emptying the bins which he hasnt done before even when he was a puppy and he is now three years old. We go out to come back and find that both bins(which are smaller than him) have been completly pulled out. He has got toys to play with so i dont think that he has been getting bored. please can you give me a reason for this so we can stop this from happening. >:( 😮

Karen

Just having toys does not mean a dog is not bored. Alleviating boredom in dogs means that you are also interactive with them and the toys, giving them adequate exercise for the breed (and Border Terriers as with most terriers, are higher to high energy and often need more solid exercise in the form of walks, sports, games, etc than most people realize). A tired dog is often a better behaved dog. Also, regression in training is perfectly normal in dogs. Go back to basics, put the trash bins out of reach when you are not home (I put mine in the bathroom and shut the door) to alleviate temptation and then wear him out before you leave the house. These will help keep him from trash diving!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.