what do u ride?

Home Community Horses & Riding what do u ride?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ariel 16 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sarah

hey, what kind of horses/ disciplines does everyone ride? i ride saddlebreds, but i also have a hackney pony filly that i am breaking to drive. i ride mostly saddleseat, but show western too and i love to drive and jump.

nicola

Hi I ride palominos at the mo but am hoping to get a pony for my birthday and one of the breeds I’m thinking of is a saddlebred. I would like to be able to do dressage as well as jump and think saddlebreds would be a good choice. You say you jump yours, what size jums do you do? Can they do dressage too?

sarah

we dont have any horses that jump big jumps right now. we have a baby i am training to jump, but he’s just starting. yes, some saddlebreds are awesome at dressage. i have never done it but we use some dressage techniques in our training, and alot of successful dressage horses are saddlebreds. they are very versatile.

Shannon

I ride an Arabian. He is very skilled at dressage, but he is also learning how to jump so we can do eventing.

louise

I was thinking of getting a saddleseat when my mom bought me my first horse but decided to go for a haflinger as I heard they are generaly slightly better at jumping, saddleseats are definalty great at dressage though. my sugar is a chestnut with a lovely pale mane and tale she looks great

Jane

Hi, Im Jane I ride my Appendix named Indy. I ride in Hunt Seat, Show Jumping, and Dressage. I love to Jump, and, Show!!!!

Natalie

I have taken dressage, saddleseat, vaulting, western, jumping, and driving lessons. I also go to endurance rides. Dressage and endurance dominate my life (so do Appaloosas, Friesians, and Arabs).

Jordaen

I have an buckskin appaloosa, and I show jumping,hunter, sporthorse and pleasure!!!

Ariel

I ride Quarter Horses.I only have 1 right now.Her name is "Sonyador".{We call her "Sonya"}.She is 4 yrs. old.We’re go’in to breed her to a nice stud in a couple of yrs. & keep 2 of her fillys to breed.I recomend Quarter Horses for beginners b/c they are intelligent,ingredibly versatile,docile,& if you have a sense of humor you’ll love them b/c they do!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.