Re: Broken leg

Home Community Cats Health Re: Broken leg

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Kichwa 20 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kichwa
    Participant

Hi Dee, First of all, I am so sorry for your cat and for you. Poor baby. I did some research on gunshot wounds in cats; and found a couple of sites you might check out. One is vetinfo.com and the other is Animal Planet. But, to be really honest with you, and I will put this as nicely as I can Dee, if your vet is not willing to answer all the questions you posed in your post, then I say find a new vet. Vets are just like human doctors, some wonderful and some should not even be practicing! A good vet will alleveate all your fears, and certainly answer any and all questions for you and your beloved cat. This is just my opinion. I wish you and your cat the very best. Let us know how your furbaby does. Wish I could help more.

Kichwa
    Participant

Hi Dee, Well, it sounds good to me that your furbaby is moving that well. Cats are very hearty little beings and they can really hide pain and sickness well. But, all things said, they also mend quite fast and seem to have enormous ability to come back from an injury. I wish you and your baby the best of luck on Tuesday. Saying a prayer too. Let me know what your vet tells you.

Kichwa
    Participant

Hi Dee, Well at least that sounds like positive news!! Good for you and for your furbaby. Hang in there. Cats are hearty little creatures. Saying kitty prayers for complete healing of his leg and nerves.

tishtash

sorry to hear about your cats leg bless him atleast hes still on all fours. yes i dont understand why people feel the need to do such a thing to a cat what did the cat do to them… cats wander about minding their own…… its disgusting., dont stress too much your little furry one needs you to comfort him better. concentrate on that for now. hugs tasha

tishtash

lol, at the plaster casts, nice to hear hes on the mend., is he snipped? though tom cats do usually wander but so if not snipped. have you reported this incident to anyone? im not sure how they deal with it but they may keep an eye out,

tishtash

ive not personallyh heard of an animal being depressed but any type of traumer like that is enough to upset anyone like you including your cat.. animals arent silly and hav e feelings too. the only thing is to let him be inside for as long as he feels like this reassuring him showing him theres nothing to be scared of. it may take time… you maqy want to also ask the vet. about depression….. i have a cat who’s now 7 ive had her since little after saving her from being flushed, and still now when i go to stroke her she flinches as if im going to hit her… i just speak calm to her and show her im only stroking her….. see so cats remember things. just takes time… are you sure someones out for your cat or it may have been kids??? i agree dont say too much just open your ears and listen…….. i know someone whos cat was taken away and speyed with out consent… the owner reported it and also put it into the local newspaper so then hopefully the person who did it read it and felt guilty about it…. maybe you should just try this and then leave it the evil person knows you know and your watching….. thats that persons torture………..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.