Re: Wanted: Blind cat owners

Home Community Cats Re: Wanted: Blind cat owners

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Kichwa 20 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Kichwa
    Participant

Hi Dennis, Your post really touched my heart!! I feel it takes a special person to take on a special animal with a need such as loss of sight. Bless your heart and that sweet little furbaby. I have a sister who has a blind poodle and this little guy gets along great. I also have a friend who has a blind cat, same story, gets along great. Thing is, Dennis, the everyday dangers you furbaby will encounter, things that seem innocent enough to us, but to a little kitten who cannot see, may be quite dangerous. I am sure your kit likes "sound" toys, I wish I could see a picture of her. She sounds precious. You will just have to watch her like a mamma kitty (hee hee) until she learns her way around your house. I think I would contain her a bit as she is so young and the run of the whole house would be overwhelming to her. Do you have a little baby playpen or something like that? I just think she needs some limits on movement, but at the same time, she needs to hear your voice for reassurance. Know what I mean? I hope you get some responses from people who have encountered this and can give you some better advice. Give that furbaby a hug for me okay? Keep in touch and let us know how she does.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.