My old boy Oreo

Home Community Older Cats My old boy Oreo

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Leanne 18 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tray

Hello, I am actually just looking for some support. My old boy Oreo-16years old, has started to show signs of his age, I know that this is a natural process in older cats, I just didnt relize how quickly it could come on. He has not been eating well for the past 2 days, I think that he has lost his sense of smell, a bit of hearing and eyesight, his hind end has deteriated(loss of muscle tone) and he is unsteady on his feet. He had a seizure a few weeks ago, I have done some research and I feel that he is going into kidney failure..I think end stage kidney failure. I look at him and see his pain…I think it maybe easier if I have him put to sleep gently, gosh I am torn. I am having a hard time with this :'(. I know we have made his life better, when we took him in (rescued) from an abusive child….I have loved him comforted him, snuggled with him…well I will keep you all posted…getting sad thinking about all of this. Thank you for listening

Leanne

I’m so sorry about your situation. It’s never easy when you have to make this decision. Two weeks ago, my 19 year old cat, Bubbles, wandered off to die alone. I had debated endlessly about whether or not we should take him to the vet and end things peacefully. In the end, I waited too long, trying to allow my family to come to terms with the decision. In the end, it breaks my heart to know that he passed on alone. I wanted to be there with him, holding him tight. I don’t want to give advice on something so important, but I thought that maybe Bubbles’ story would help. No matter what you decide, the fact that you’re having such a hard time with the decision shows that he is truly loved, and I’m sure he can sense that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.