20 year old male cat

Home Community Older Cats 20 year old male cat

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  SJ 19 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mummiboo

I have a 20 year old male cat, he likes to sit on the window sill to get there he climbs slowly up the radiator, but recently hes started falling off he also falls off the chairs. Maybe its just me but hes only started doing this recently should i take him to the vets or is it just a part of being a very old man?

SJ

A similar thing happened to my granddads cat which was 24 years old, unfortunatly she started losing weight and giving up on life, in the end the vet and my grandparents decided to put her to sleep as she had no will to live and would not eat yet the vet could not find anything wrong with her execpt old age, however your cat may have an inner ear infection or ear mites, take him to your vet and while you are there ask about artaritus as if your cat is slowly climbing up the radiator and moving stiffly he could also have it.

mummiboo

[quote author=The Guys link=board=15;threadid=2274;start=0#msg9478 date=1109170868] A similar thing happened to my granddads cat which was 24 years old, unfortunatly she started losing weight and giving up on life, in the end the vet and my grandparents decided to put her to sleep as she had no will to live and would not eat yet the vet could not find anything wrong with her execpt old age, however your cat may have an inner ear infection or ear mites, take him to your vet and while you are there ask about artaritus as if your cat is slowly climbing up the radiator and moving stiffly he could also have it. [/quote] Thank you for that i had a thought it might be his ears, just a hunch though. Well i am certainly going to take him to the vets but he wont like it!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.