do ferrets smell?

Home Community Small Pets do ferrets smell?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 17 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lexy

i dont have a ferret but every ferret i have ever been around (bout 8 all together) all have smelt the same and it really smells bad. they were all at different places so it couldnt have just been the care they were given. do they all smell?

bubbajimmy

::)Ferrets have a slight musky oder, but it is not that unpleasent. We give our 3 babies a bath about every 2 months, ( if you bath them to often , their glands will produce more oder) Inbetween bathing, I rub them down with baking soda, it keeps the oder down. Hope this helps

matthew-miah

Just to let some of you know, i am –matt– however i have changed my username to my full name 🙂

Lauren

Yes, they do have a musky oder, but if you spay, neuter, or descent your ferret, the smell is drastically reduced. Hope I’ve helped some. 🙂

Kim

i have 2 female ferrets and they do have a musky smell but, if you make sure to bathe them about every 2 months it will reduce their smell. If the smell is in their urine you can try an addititive to their water that reduces the smell of their urine and fecies. Too much bathing will damage their skin and make their glands actually produce more than they need to stay moisturized. Hope this helps

dgfh

of course i have 1 myself

Grace

Yes, ferrets do smell. As gross as it is they dig and play in their poop. Even though this isn’t in your question I just thought I would tell you that some ferrets are mean. They all smell and some are mean.

Susan

My sister used to have 2 ferrets she let run around. They’d go under the couch and bite your ankles while your sitting there. The house smelled bad. I believe you can get their scent glands removed like with a skunk.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.