is it too cold for her to be….

Home Community Senior Dogs is it too cold for her to be….

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Lynda 17 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lexy

i have a almost 9 year old golden retriever and we live up in northern MI and it is really cold right now, ecpecialy this weekend, we have a high of like -0s and a low of like -30. she will often sit by the door to go out so i let her out asuming she needs to go to the bathroom, but she just goes and lays out there. then like 15 min later i go to let her in an she wont come in. so i go to get her in like another 10-20 min…she never seems to want to come in unless she is out for like 1 hour or longer. she has a hip problem and i dont think cold air is good for that. i usualy go out and get her with the leash if she is outside for more that 15 min, but she never seems to want to come in. should i keep going to get her or just let her do what she wants?

Lynda

When my golden was 15 years old, he still loved being outside in any kind of weather. Your dog is still much younger than that. If she loves being outdoors that much, couldn’t you bundle up warmly and go out with her? Take her for a walk or something, so at least she can get more fresh air? It’d do you both good. 🙂

Michelle

I think that your dog is ok. Our chow/husky was the same way. Same with his hip too and I would worry about him being out in the cold, but he always let me know when he wanted to come back in.

Melanie

It’s cold there and you are probably keeping warm but you might have it too warm for her to be comfortable inside. Remember she has a coat on too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.