any advise on african frogs?

Home Community Reptiles any advise on african frogs?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ashli 17 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lexy

i just bought 2 african frogs…it was not planed i was just at wal-mart and disided to get some. If anyone has any advise on them plz let me know!

frowe

If they are african clawed frogs they like to eat a variety of foods like reptomin pellets,guppies,tubiflew worms,blood worms,and for a treat raw hamburger. I feed mine 3x a week. they also like the water temp@ 60-76 degrees. make sure you have a tight lid they will escape! you also want to use large riverstones or sand because they can mistake gravel for food and choke. they also will eat any thing they fit in mouth so be careful what you house them with. they stay in the water all the time they don’t need land. they can grow up to 6 inches the females are larger then the males. They can live to 15yrs in captivity. If they are the african dwarf frogs I don’t Know much about. except you can’t keep them together. hope I helped, frowe

frowe

[quote author=frowe link=board=8;threadid=1775;start=0#msg8333 date=1101875467] If they are african clawed frogs they like to eat a variety of foods like reptomin pellets,guppies,tubiflew worms,blood worms,and for a treat raw hamburger. I feed mine 3x a week. they also like the water temp@ 60-76 degrees. make sure you have a tight lid they will escape! you also want to use large riverstones or sand because they can mistake gravel for food and choke. they also will eat any thing they fit in mouth so be careful what you house them with. they stay in the water all the time they don’t need land. they can grow up to 6 inches the females are larger then the males. They can live to 15yrs in captivity. If they are the african dwarf frogs I don’t Know much about. except you can’t keep them together. hope I helped, frowe [/quote]

monkeychris

try breeding african frogs they have sex at night it is a beutiful display try some websites on advise on how to mate and by the way try feeding them some bloodworms

Ashli

you shouldnt have got them just because. when you get animals, you should research before getting them. do u kno how big these frogs get? they can reach the size of baseballs.
    they need AT LEAST a 20 gallon aquarium.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.