prick ears

Home Community Dog Breeding & Breeds prick ears

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Karen 19 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

calavino

i’m sorry karen,one more question.what if you don’t know anything about the pup or it’s mix?any signs to look for for potential erect ears?ky was 6wks when i found him and he had a flying nun thing going on that eventually turned into beautiful pricked ears.thanks again.

Karen

Often not until the pup is several mionths old – finsihed teething. It is not uncommon for the ears in many erect eared breeds to go through various stages before reaching final set. be patient…

calavino

i don’t know where to post this so i’m just going to post here.at what point and how do you know if a pups ears will prick.thanks,kyena’s mom

Karen

If the ears are doing that flying nun things or airplane ears, they could go either way. If they are prick as a young pup, they may stay that way. If they are hanging low like a hound’s, chances are they will stay that way. But look at breeds liek German Shepherds, their ears go through a lot of changes before they hit a year old… There is no 100% fool proof way to tell…

calavino

well when kyena was a pup his ears were raised at base but still flopping from midway up.looked like the old fashioned nuns hats.like the flying nun,old american tv show.loved his ears.loved him.miss him

SJ

What is the flying nun thing and the plane thing, my 5 month old pups ears look as though they may come up soon but when we got him from the rescue shelters 2 weeks ago there was no sign they would come up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.