Just me/1dog Beamer;1persian cat/2 newly adopted kittens

Home Community People & Their Pets Just me/1dog Beamer;1persian cat/2 newly adopted kittens

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  calavino 19 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

calavino

well, i’m no expert and karen might tell you to do something else but until she gets back to you i would try sitting next to the food with kitten in lap,getting a little of the soupy dry food on finger tip and putting it on kittens lips,see if he licks it off,if that works keep doing it until he seems to be interested.if that doesn’t work i would see your vet and be sure the kitten is healthy.one of my employees got a puppy that wouldn’t eat and they found out it’s intestines weren’t fully developed.never would have thought of or found it without a vet.can you make the opening of the bottle a little bigger so that you can feed very wet,blended dry food the first couple times maybe he just needs a smoother transition than the girl.good-luck,kyena’s mom

Pamela

someone please help. I rescued two kittens three weeks ago. Had to feed bottle with kitten formula. Anyway, the littlest a grey tabby (Cloe) started eating kitten chow soon after about three weeks ago but the black and white kitten /male (Eskimo) won’t touch any solids. I have tried the warm water soaking but now it’s been over 24 hours and he won’t eat. I stopped the formula he was at least lapping from bowl thinking if I stop he would go to the other food. It’s not working. I feel so bad he is so thin-skinny now. What do I do? Should I go back to formula until he decides to eat solids? Have I spoiled him? thank you Pamela

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.