Dwarf hamster and normal hamster mating

Home Community Small Pets Dwarf hamster and normal hamster mating

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  crazy_psycho_rat 19 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rebecca.h1

;DHi, ive got 2 normal girl hamsters and 2 boy dwarf hamsters and i was just wondering if any one could tell me if it would be possible to mate a dwarf male with a normal girl hamster.(would the babies turn out ok or would it be better to just buy one normal boy hamster so i know that the babies would turn out fine. I am all knowledged up about breeding hamsters as i have bred hamsters before. ;D ;):D MANY THANKS ;D 😉 🙂

i don’t see why you cannot breed them together i know one of my hamsters if half teddy bear half normal. so ya i don’t see a problem with that you will just come out with a normal dwarf hamsters. lol. hope it works out for you. maybe even try talkin to another breeder if you can.

Belinda

It shouldn’t be possible for a normal hamster and a dwarf hamster to breed. They’re two separate species, and I think they just wouldn’t be attracted to each other. It’s certainly not something that would happen in the wild. I mean, I’ve heard of normal hamsters raising orphaned dwarfs and cases like that, but I’ve never heard of the two different species breeding. They’re just way too different.

Veronica

I dont think they schould breed because if they get in a fight, there is a large size differenc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.