vomitting, sneezing, coughing

Home Community Cats Health vomitting, sneezing, coughing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NatalieRVT 20 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Pandora

2 vets can’t figure out what’s wrong. My cat is eating some but gags and vomits, sneezes a lot. No upper or lower GI problems discovered–no blockage. Now on anibiotics, doesn’t seem to be helping. Help from a cat expert PLEASE!!

NatalieRVT

Well, first of all, how old is your cat? Kitten? Adult? Older? There are MANY reasons for cats to be sneezing and/or vomiting. The vomiting may be due to hairballs, the food they’re eating, etc. The coughing could be due to MANY reasons like I said above. Do you have any other cats? Are they all up to date on vaccines? Like I said, there are a number of reasons. I am a registered veterinary technician and I work at an animal hospital now. We generally ask our clients these questions when we’re trying to figure out what is going on with their cat/dog. If you answer them, I may be able to help you a little more. 😉 Good luck, and if you would like feel free to respond:)

Could also be allergies-I agree with Natalie, more info is needed from you. Have you tried changing her food? Any behavior or physiological changes in the other cats in the house? Does this cat or the other cats in the house go outside or are they indoor only? Any significant weight changes lately?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.