15 yr old has some blood when vomiting

Home Community Older Cats 15 yr old has some blood when vomiting

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  AndraLynn 19 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

AndraLynn

Hi. I am new to this site but am looking forward to some possible answers from people with similar experiences. My cat Kato is 15. For the last year she has been having problems pooping. I had started giving her a little fiber powder in her meals and she has been going poop better. At least daily now. She had been drinking a lot of water for some time. The vets x-rays showed that she has galstones. Probably the reason she has problems pooping to begin with. The last month I’ve noticed that after eating a little grass, she usually throws up and there’s blood in it. It doesn’t happen every day but 3 times in the last month. I have been adding more water to her wet food, making it a soupy concoction of fibre, wet food and water. She eats it up! In fact, she won’t eat her moist food with out it being soupy now. Now she doesn’t touch her water bowl. This is about a week of no additional water. Just what I put in her "soup" (1 shot glass warm water) Should I be concerned about the blood and grass in her vomit? Is it the grass? Any ideas? I read something about tumors in the stomach and cancer but am hoping someone else had similar symptoms and resolution. Thanks for any feedback…….good or bad.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.