rodents and bugs

Home Community Small Pets rodents and bugs

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Veronica 19 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

i am trying to figure out a way to get rid of bugs. k i have 4 rodents and they all live in my bedroom,my bedroom is in the basment, anywayz i keep it really clean i vacuum daily to pick up the shaveings and stuff. but i am gettin a bug problem and it seems to be wrose where my rodenst are.now i have tried raid but of course i can’t use it all the time because it is harmful to animals and i have a dog that loves to go to the basement and i don’t want him to lick it up. and i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows how to fix the problem because my mom wants me to get rid of some of my rodents but i don’t want to. but i can’t keep haveing spiders and stuff. so if anyone knows of a way to get rid of them please please please let me know. thanks.

nope no other room. and i cannot use alot of spray stuff for the simple fact that i also have a dog.

Veronica

Is there another room in your house where you can keep your pets for a week or two? if there is, you can keep the anomals there and try to use lots of sprays ect. 8)

lauraliee

what kind of bugs are they? b/c it may depend on what kind of bug it is, and what kind of spray your using. check the walls and the floor very carefully b/c they have to be getting in from some where and patch the spot where there coming from. and if worse comes to worse you may have to have an exterminator come and spray for the bugs.

calavino

hey,spiders usually hang out in basements i don’t think it’s because of your pets.home depot has some pet safe stuff,you can also google petsafe bug sprays.good-luck

ya well i never had spiders in my basement before. but thanks for the info

Spiders are not attracted to rodents. The only animals that are, are fleas and ticks, although ants and roaches may be searching for the poop and the food, I doubt that the rodents are causing a problem, and i think it’s just the fact that your in a basement…

again i have been in my basement for many years now even before i had my rodents. and since i have gotten my babies i have been gettin mad bugs which is super gross. plus i am really reall scared of spiders.

i don’ have any hole sin my basement walls or anything.my hamsters or my rat do not stink and their cages are not dirty i clean their cages twice a week. and ya i know that spiders wont hurt them that’s not what i am worried about. it is juts kinda gross haveing spiders and bug in your bed room. and i don’t have flys in my room. not to mention again i am petrified of spiders.

SJ

I don’t mean to sound mean but spiders follow flys. By that I don’t mean that you never clean out you rodents or they stink I simply mean that flys must be somewhere for spiders to survive or want to be there. And the slightest smell of something rotting could bring them or the smell of your babies. It could even be weather changes bring them in. The numbers are endless but depending on what rodents you have it could even bring advatages such as mice or rats will eat them and may be healther from it. I can’t think that small spiders will harm them but it depends on the spiders or other insect that are coming in, as someone mentioned before if you find any holes fill them up.

i don’t have any ants. and ya it is very stressful cuz gross they r spiders.. i just spray raid in my bedroom/basement every 2 weeks.. and put all my rodents up stairs in the spare room.. and no one goes down there till the next day or 2..thanks for every ones input

moonfroggy

i am not afraid of spiders, in fact i find them very interesting, so i have spent a lot of time watching the spiders around my house, i have noticed that they tend to be where there are ants, if you find any ants in your basement then getting ride of them might be helpfull, the best way i have found for getting rid of them is finding where they get into the house and cualking up the crack they are entering in from also even though you never had spiders befor it might not be related to your pets, a spider may have gotten into the basement and laid eggs there wich would cause there to suddenly be lots of spiders, because i like them i have never looked into how to get rid of them, it sounds very stresfull for you though, i wish you luck in finding a sollution

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.