Please help! My cat is losing his hair from.

Home Community Cats Health Please help! My cat is losing his hair from.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Karen 20 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Karen

I would first ask the vet to rule out skin disease, do a scraping, check for mites, infection, etc. Hey, who is paying the bill? You are and the vet should run tests if you ask them to be done. If he still gives you hassle or says not necessary (and I am one for ruling things out that may have a medical basis), then find another vet. Now, it could be behavioral and I would still worry. Sometimes fur pulling can be caused by stress, anixiety, chemical imbalance… And if the skin ends up irritated, a secondary infection could set in. My personal feeling (and also what I would do) is pursue it further either with this vet depending on your confidence in him and your gut feeling or a different vet.

otops

His tail forward. First off, I found this forum by searching on google and it seems to be a very informative and fun site. I’m hoping somebody might be familiar with such a problem. Like I said, the hair is slowly falling out of his tail from the very tip and is working its way toward the rest of his body. It’s pretty freaky and, quite frankly, I’m a bit worried. Our vet told us that the cat is pulling his hair out and there’s nothing to worry about. He’s been great but I don’t believe him on this one. I’ve monitored every move the cat has made the last two days and clumps are left behind him sometimes. Could this be a skin disease, something minor, something worse? Are there any sites out there I can look up symptoms or diseases? Please help!!! Thank you, Jennifer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.