Dog Poisoned?

Home Community People & Their Pets Dog Poisoned?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  stella 19 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Triniity

:'( I need help, my mother’s 5 yr old Yorkie started throwing up about 9:00pm, he only threw up twice and my mom thought it was from the cat food he got into, but during the night he continued to throw up. When she woke up at 5:00am he had thrown up atleast 12 times, piles of cat food was everywhere. Later as she waited for the vet to open at 7:00am he had drank a lot of water and was very weak, he fell in his water bowl. He threw up a few more times but by this time it was like liquid stuff, the vet took him in immediately, his tempature was below normal and his WBC was elevated, she was told the dog had pancreatits, he was kept that day and at 5:00pm when she called to check on him the vet said he wasnt doing as well as they had hoped, but sometimes it takes a little longer, but then the next morning, Saturday the vet called at 7:00am to say he had passed away, his organs started shutting down, he never improved. My question is would a vet know the syptoms of poisoning? how can I be sure it really was pancreatits? some one had been threatening to poison the dog for a long time and then this. He was found to have enlarged heart and he weighed 8lbs. He did eat alot of cat food, but I am worried that someone may hve hurt him intentionally and I cant rest till I know for sure. Any one have any ideas? thanks Triniity

stella

🙁 My advice to you is that usually vet’s do know what they are talking about. The enlarged heart does not help in anyway. How old was your dog? I had a dog with probable pancreatis problems and he had enlarged heart, I did everything that i could to help him live longer, but in the end i had the same problem as you but except for the vomiting. My dog because of his heart, got very weak and he too when i took him for his business outside, he fell. I took him to the vet, but there was nothing to do. He’s time had come and i know for a fact that it was his heart. They say when a heart is very weak, there’s nothing more that can be done. Eventually everything will stop working.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.