Baby bunnies.

Home Community Rabbits Baby bunnies.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ilovelicorice 19 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rebecca.h1

;Dhi im Rebecca and 8 days ago 2day my 2year old doe gave birth to 5 babies. on the day that they were born i counted them and checked for any dead, luckily they were all fine but plz could you inform me of the dates of like when to clean them out,when they should be coming out of the nest, when i can hold them, when they need to be seperated from the mum and then by sex.can any one help plz? ;D MANY THANX ;D

are the babies in some sort of nest box, litter tray or some sort of tray? Has the mother made a nest? If so, just keep making sure they are alive every day. Make sure that their eyes and ears are open after 10 days. if not seek advice. make sure that no babies get separated from the nest before about 10 days and if they do put them back in. when the babies start sleeping outside the nest box, you can remove it. you can touch them before 10 days old, but it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to pick them up before then except in an emergency. Cleaning of the babies isn’t necessary, and cleaning of the nest isn’t necessary. Just remove it when they are not sleeping in it anymore. Cleaning of the actual cage is necessary as normal.

rebecca.h1

hi thanx for that really great information. Yes the babies are in a nest box. i am also concerned for one of the babies as all the rest of them have got their eyes open and are alot bigger but this one isnt so big and its eyes are still closed, plus all of the rest of the babies have got nice big bellies but this one has not, its just as big as its shoulders all the way down. (if theat makes any sense) but if the doe wasnt feeding it, it would of died by now.i hope you can help. ;D THANX ;D

are the babies in some sort of nest box, litter tray or some sort of tray? Has the mother made a nest? If so, just keep making sure they are alive every day. Make sure that their eyes and ears are open after 10 days. if not seek advice. make sure that no babies get separated from the nest before about 10 days and if they do put them back in. when the babies start sleeping outside the nest box, you can remove it. you can touch them before 10 days old, but it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to pick them up before then except in an emergency. Cleaning of the babies isn’t necessary, and cleaning of the nest isn’t necessary. Just remove it when they are not sleeping in it anymore. Cleaning of the actual cage is necessary as normal.

rebecca.h1

hi thanx for that really great information. Yes the babies are in a nest box. i am also concerned for one of the babies as all the rest of them have got their eyes open and are alot bigger but this one isnt so big and its eyes are still closed, plus all of the rest of the babies have got nice big bellies but this one has not, its just as big as its shoulders all the way down. (if theat makes any sense) but if the doe wasnt feeding it, it would of died by now.i hope you can help. ;D THANX ;D

mirical97266

When the babies eyes open, that is when you can hold them. Just make sure that the babies arent away from there mom for too long. You can actually take a baby away and feed it yourself at anytime if you want the baby to be really nice when it grows up. But I think it is best to keep it with it’s mother by the time it is time to be weaned, which is at about two weeks.

mirical97266

When the babies eyes open, that is when you can hold them. Just make sure that the babies arent away from there mom for too long. You can actually take a baby away and feed it yourself at anytime if you want the baby to be really nice when it grows up. But I think it is best to keep it with it’s mother by the time it is time to be weaned, which is at about two weeks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.