Regaining trust after a new puppy

Home Community Birds Regaining trust after a new puppy

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Raychel 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Raychel

I’ve had my parakeet for about a year. He was a baby when I got him. I also have 2 fish at at the time I got him 2 shih tzus. He was doing pretty well and bonding with me. He would step up and sit on my shoulder… if I was sitting at my computer he would perch on top of the screen and hang or chill on his play gym next to me. I was clipping his wings so he would flutter around. One of my shih tzus is 17 years old and just walks around slowly or lays in bed. He loves her. he’ll sit on her bed or jump on her back while she’s walking and ride around on her. About 5 months later we got a new puppy (also a shih tzu) and ever since then he won’t have anything to do with me. He won’t step up or perch near me or anything. Its been about 7 months since we got the new puppy. I had almost given up on getting my parakeet back to where he was so I stopped clipping his wings but lately if I open up his cage (which I try to do as often as possible he’ll get out and fly around the room and then land on his cage and play with his toys. Sometimes if I have the dogs in here he’ll get down and play with them. He’ll fly around them or get up in their faces and flutter his wings and hit them then fly back to the top of his cage. He still won’t have much to do with me though. Is there any hope? What can I do to regain his trust?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.